By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Leaving For OCS Tuesday Feb 10th

Well, I decided a while back to do this, but now the time is coming for me to go to Officer Canidate School for the US Army. I will be most likely a Finance or Intel Officer, but I will not know for sure until I get there. This is something I decided to do for my country, and is part of the reason I was really pulling for Mccain (Obama might be fine with the military, but there is no doupt that Mccain would have been better).

OCS is at Fort Benning Ga, and will last approximatly 12 weeks. I will be there 14 weeks due to some extra processing I have to do.

I should not be able to be on here too much for a few months, in mid to late march they give us the Weekends. My only gaming will be my DS (if I can smuggle it in)

Anyways, I am not doing this for the money, I dont really need it, it is more about me wanting to do soething most others aren't able or willing to do. I have not decided how long I was stay in, but 3 years is the minimum.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Good luck. Tell us how it's goin if you get a chance to log on here. 3 year minimum? Would have thought it would be longer, since the Army rotc contract is 8 years.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Yea an OCS contract is 3 years min, that is because the only Education benefits availible are loan repayment plans. ROTC is pretty much a full ride, so they lock you up for a while.

Thats a long time

Mad respect. I just signed my contract and took my oath yesterday; going to Quantico in May. My contract is for 8 years (aviation) minimum. Good luck; and I'm not sure about the Army, but if I took my PSP to OCS in Quantico, they'd probably break it in half and shove it up somewhere...

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering
if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem." -President Ronald Reagan

PSN: southpawHokieVT

Around the Network

Do not and I repeat DO NOT take your DS or they will PT your ass 24/7. Mad respect and a big hoo-ahh!

Like I said earlier, good luck!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

halogamer1989 said:
Do not and I repeat DO NOT take your DS or they will PT your ass 24/7. Mad respect and a big hoo-ahh!

How do you know? I do not have to go to boot camp.

bigjon said:
halogamer1989 said:

Contraband regulations.  Also my Uncle (ex-Marine) was called QuarterDeck b/c he thought he good have a good time.  Obviously Leguene did not agree.  Rain, sleet, or shine baby!  Anyway, you are Army so you should be fine.  Just talk to a CO on this as he may let it slide however.  I just would hate to see you get PT over a DS.

halogamer1989 said:
bigjon said:
halogamer1989 said:

Contraband regulations.  Also my Uncle (ex-Marine) was called QuarterDeck b/c he thought he good have a good time.  Obviously Leguene did not agree.  Rain, sleet, or shine baby!  Anyway, you are Army so you should be fine.  Just talk to a CO on this as he may let it slide however.  I just would hate to see you get PT over a DS.

Well, that let you have a cell phone in the barracks, so I will just keep it with my cell. I will just be careful with it, I am only taking 1 game (the one in the DS) I think it will be DQ4 since I have not started it yet, and it has alot of gameplay in it.