By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The BEST tennis franchise is BACK...!!!!! Virtua tennis 2009 360/ps3/pc

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/05/virtua-tennis-2009-confirmed-for-pc-360-ps3/

Woo hoo, Virtua tennis is back in business.

And the release isn't too far away either

Around the Network

Great news =) VT games are always fun, even though they haven't come close to the quality of the first one (Damn how i miss those DC days ._.)
But we all know that the best SEGA tennis franchise was Pete Sampras Tennis for the Genesis.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

One things for sure, Sega make damn fine tennis games

What? No Wii version? Coming from Sega that seems odd indeed, especially for a game that's so well suited to Wii.

Oh well, that's good news for EA who's debuting their Tennis game on Wii.

CGI-Quality said:
HELL YEAH, the Sega Saturn versions were my favorites in the franchise. Looks like it's time for a new tennis game to go along with Virtua Tennis 3 baby!!!

Err...Sega Saturn? You have to give me these games cause I don't have them in my collection...and i have every sega saturn game ever made.

Unless you mean dreamcast ofcrouse... :)

I wonder what sega can add to this franchise...I mean, VT3 was rpetty complete with online and everything. Don't make it in to Madden please...releasing one every year.

Around the Network

So...it's better than like, what? Top Spin?

CGI-Quality said:
HELL YEAH, the Sega Saturn versions were my favorites in the franchise. Looks like it's time for a new tennis game to go along with Virtua Tennis 3 baby!!!

+1 CGI buddy.

No, scratch that.......................

+100

Happy days, its scheduled for release in may too....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virtua Tennis 3 was utterly mediocre.

Top Spin 2 was way better in every possible way.

First 2 were great fun though.

Actually the only tennis game i ever felt that could come close to the SEGA tennis games was Super Tennis for the Snes, that was one great game as well, shame it went into the shadow of Pete Sampras Tennis due to the huge success that Pete was having back in those days =)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Great.
just make it like the DC one, that was probably the best tennis video game I've played ever.