By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Isn't resident evil 5 supposed to be like..... scary ?

Now don't get me wrong RE5 was pretty fun playing in online co-op but I woulda thought the game would have scared me at least once , I haven't played RE at all but from watching the movie trailers and older RE gamplay videos I think it's safe to assume RE was supposed to be scary. My four year old brother was sitting beside me whilst I played ( I know naughty me) but he was unaffected by anything in the demo.

I mean friggin silent hill on the PS1 was 100X scarier.

Around the Network

Nothing is scary, apart from spiders.

Mistershine said:

And snakes!

Justin said:
Mistershine said:

And snakes!

But snakes cant drop on you from the ceiling.

It started to not get scary since Resident Evil 4... Still, I hate fricking snakes in wooden boxes! D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

It is scary. Just a different kind of scary. I often felt an overwhelming sense of tension trying to survive that first part.

Also, I'm sure there will be SCARIER parts of the game than what we played. RE4 mixed it up well.

1)The franchise HAS moved away from its horror roots, yes, but...
2)It does retain much of its supenseful/creepy moments...at least 4 did, and
3)It is A DEMO. 2 levels from (early) in the game. Damn, what do you expect, Capcom's gonna whip out all their biggest guns in the free demo? As the games plot develops, environments diversify, and enemies grow more grotesque, I'm sure it will have MANY frightening moments.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I also did not find it scary but a game hasn't scared me since condemmend.