By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Metroid Be Like Halo? How would they do it?

First I would like to say sorry to anyone who has created a thread like this. I tried to look it up and I didn't find anything so I created one.

So with all of the groans I have heard from people in the forums about MP3 being only a Single Player Experience and with all of the comparisons I have heard about MP and Halo. I was wondering, do we really want Metroid to be Multi-Player FPS?

Personally, I don't but I would like to see what a talented developer like Retro would come up with. So for those who want it to be a Multi-Player FPS please tell me how you invision this game to work. Would it be like "Metroid Hunters" and have a group of no named Bounty Hunters or would it be a teams of Samus vs teams of Samus?

Around the Network

Nope.

Metroid is Metroid. FPS adventure. Not pure FPS. Though I would like a goldeneye/Halo esque multiplayer option with online support. But, meh, solo play is Metroid goodness.

I think the real question here is should Halo be like Metroid

我是广州人

ashadelo,

Uh, no. Making Halo like Metroid is the last thing on Bungie's mind. Both games should stay like they are. They are two different genres.

I agree Metroid has its own theme that it would be better of sticking with. That being said it would be cool to see a spin-off that focuses almost entirely on shooting the crap out of crap.

Around the Network

MP3 is alot more like Halo then the previous MP games, alot of game media has said this.

I think every game should be more like every other one. That way, we wouldn't have to buy a lot of games.

Seriously - no. They're both fine the way they are. Variety won't kill you.

Hus is right. MP3 is more like a FPS than any other Metroid game. That said, I still would not compare it to Halo.

At its core, it is still a FPA. I think a better comparison, now, is MP3 to Bioshock. 

I hate when people use FPA. It's a FPS, but a different kind, one that focuses on exploration, puzzles, and shooting the crap out of countless enemies. Halo is a completely different kind of FPS. It's a "generic FPS" where the game focuses on taking out various numerous enemies using a variety of weapons. But meh, call it what you like.

Anyways, to get on topic, MP3 should of had Online multiplayer, but not the multiplayer a "generic FPS" would have. A Metroid Online would have 2 kinds of play, one where you do a sort of co-op with another person (using hunters from MP:Hunters and MP3) to capture a bounty/complete a mission. The second option would be to compete with each other for the bounty/completion of a mission. Retro could do well with that concept i'm sure, and it gives Metroid the unique feel it always had, but with online.

But that's just my idea...

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

YA, METROID SHOULD BE JUST LIKE HALO.

hahahah

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY