By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More Economic casualties: Disney, Propaganda Games and Turok.

Disney cuts jobs, drops Turok sequel

Layoffs confirmed but firm stays quiet on dino shooter's demise.

Propaganda's Turok sequel has reportedly been axed and numerous staff laid off as Disney becomes the latest casualty of the global credit crunch.

Following the news that just about every other publisher has been forced to make layoffs, CVG learnt yesterday evening that employees of the house of Mickey became the latest to suffer. We contacted the company's UK office but have yet to hear back. 

Disney US confirmed to Kotaku that Propaganda Games is in the process of laying off 35 or so of its employees, a move supposedly related to the cancellation of Turok 2.

This has yet to be confirmed however, with Disney simply saying that no such game has yet been officially announced, which is true.

The company's also planning to consolidate a bunch of its studios, including Avalanche Software and Fall Line, the developers behind the likes of Chicken Little, Hannah Montana and The Chronicles of Narnia.

More soon.   http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=207070

Sorry if it's old, but my love for N64 Turok compels me. I know the last one wasn't that great but still... That sucks.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

perhaps they are more casualties of shitty games than the economic situation.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Agreed MrBubbles....the Turoks of old on the N64 were good but the games these studios put out lately are subpar

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860