By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft and E3 - "breaking the bank!"

RPG said:
kowenicki said:
RPG said:
MS had a terrible E3, the FFXIII announcement was the only big one from them. Remember when Lips was announced with Duffy not being able to sing her own song?

Yeah I think MS will have no problem topping last years E3

if you say so... i think the concensus was sony had the worst by some distance... same old same old.... oh.. hang on forgot the wii music thing....  and that yank nintendo woman trying to be cool!!!! arrgghhhh

What that concensus between you and mrstickball :/

Nintendo did indeed have the worst, MS in the middle thanks to casual, multi-plat and another game going multi-plat and Sony had GOW 3, MAG, Resistance: R and some other games announced. Really though, your a brave person to say Sony had the second to worst conference, I think "IMO" is more suited.

Lets review E3 Awards:

IGN:

X360: Best Arcade Game (Galaga Legions), Best Platformer (Braid), Best Shooter (Gears of War 2), Best Technology (Gears of War 2), Best Multiplayer Game (Left 4 Dead), Biggest Suprise (FFXIII 360 Annouuncement),

PS3: Best Racer (Motorstorm PR), Best Downloadable Game (Fat Princess).

X360 Awards: 6 Awards

PS3 Awards: 2 Awards

UGO:

X360: Best Action Game (Gears of War 2), Best Multiplayer (Left 4 Dead)

PS3: Best Original (Flower)

X360 Awards: 2

PS3 Awards: 1

GameSpot:

X360: Best Multiplayer Game (Left 4 Dead),

PS3: Best Console Game (LBP), Best Casual Game (LBP)

GameDaily:

Best Competitor Bi**h Slap: Microsoft Announcing Final Fantasy XIII will Launch on Xbox 360

GameTrailers:

Best Conference: Microsoft

Yeah. I can see how the consensus view is that Sony stole the show :-\   Just like Nintendo announced hundreds of hardcore titles launching in 2009.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I'm not expecting much from Microsoft's E3 presentations anymore after last year.

Final Fantasy XIII multiplatform was the only standout announcement during the show, and then we find out later that it doesn't apply to Japan. You know when a multiplatform announcement is the show stealer that your show is a bust.

Comparatively, Sony didn't too much better. The God of War III teaser was little more than just that, a tease. Resistance: Retribution looked interesting, but it's hard to get too excited about a PSP game. By far the most promising new game at the entire show was M.A.G., so props to Sony for that.

NXE was a pretty big deal. Expect more features to come forward. Expect some news from Rare.

The less comments made about E3 the better, its too far away to start speculating!!!

I don't wanna have to remind myself I have to wait another 5+ months for Microsofts next bombshell.

EDIT - Damn its coming early this year, 2 - 4 June!

Only 4 months away.

http://www.e3expo.com/

dbot said:
E3 was a failure. I prefer to pretend it didn't happen at all. Aside from the MS FF announcement all 3 platform holders failed to excite. Maybe MS will bring back booth babes?

I don't think the point of E3 is supposed to excite the hardcore videogame fans.  It was meant for business types to network and smooze.  What will excite is what will cause "Cha-Ching" in their eyes.  Stuff like Netflix on 360 exclusively, is an example of this.

Around the Network

ffv13 wont go multiplat, its much to late for that and ff13 on 360 in japan as well. besides square has already stated that they wont change policy.