By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coolest "tools" that video games have let us experience.

Now I quote the word tools because I'm kind of making a blanket statement that represents a huge variety of things, including powers, weapons, vehicles, etc etc. Not really elements based on the story or emotional stuffs, just "tools" that a game provides to you to complete your journey :P

Some insight as to why would be much appreciated!. And videos/pics are definitely a plus ^_^

So I'll just toss up a couple that I've really liked.

The Warhawk! This has to be by far the coolest vehicle I've ever gotten to control. This thing does stupid fast dog fights, can dodge missiles like a mother-fudger, has access to some seriously powered by bullshit weapons, and can stop/turn at absolutely ridiculous speeds. Once you learn the in's and out's of this thing, you really do feel like a god in the skys @_@

Here's some flying in the "pro-flight" mode, which is more similar to an actual flight, the other mode is for aerial evasion tactics like stupid fast barrel rolls, loops etc etc.

Another favorite of mine would be the speed booster in Super Metroid!

This thing made you run so fast that you could obliterate people by going through them @_@ It made your jumps a ton higher and such, and would allow you to do some seriously badass stuff :D

This guy is pretty awesome ^^

And a gun in there for good measure, I'll toss in the Bullseye from Resistance 2! Much improved from the first one, this time allowing you to see your tagged victim through walls! The point of this gun, is that once you "tag" your oponent, every shot fired from there on after instantly forces it's direction to hone in on the tagged point. It makes this orgasmic beep sound when a tag connects as well, and it's just one of the best weapons I've ever been given the privalege of using in video game history :) Running forward, and firing at someone else, while your bullets arc to kill your previously tagged target, then having your line of fire corrected after said victim dies, then laying waste to the person in your current sights just never gets old! I'll look for vids later!

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6fi7NZuDXo

Don't know how to embed.

I always thought of Yoshi being the best tool ever. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table: