By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are the best games you've ever played, and why?

dman I forgot megaman, mario kart, warcraft 2, command and conquer, qix on gameboy, bioforge and rama on PC.... secret and legend of mana....

Around the Network

I cant belive some people here say Kefka is the best villain ever .A ridiculous green sprite who fled as you approached and laughed with tons of "Ha ha ha " as it moved comically ....

No guys now serious ...do you really think the green sprite is the best villain ever ?

hum you can add double dragon, street of rage, shinobi

SNES:Chrono Trigger:Amazing story line and very fun to play.

Playstation:FinalFantasyVI:Kefka all the way!
                    FinalFantasyVII:Sephiroth and Cloud's history is weird and the story is STUNNING.
                    Oddworld:Abe'sOddysee:Most fun platformer since Mario!

Playstation2:FinalFantasyX:Gripping story and those damn secrets in it!
                      OnimushaWarlords:Good story.
                      Onimusha3:Best part of the Onimusha series.
                      GrandTheftAuto:ViceCity:I really liked the story.
                      Kessen3:Many ways to play which gives it quite a good replay value.

Xbox:KnightsOfTheOldRepublic:TheSithLords:Much better story than the first one and more choices.
         Fable:TheLostChapters:The freedom is great.

Gamecube:Pikmin:The time limit of 30days makes the game good and challenging(even though its easy).

Playstation3:Resistance:FallOfMan:Extra weapons on you second play gives more replay value and the online.

NintendoDS:FinalFantasyIII:Havent even finished it yet and the story is good maybe not the best FF.

Honourable Mentions:FinalFantasyXII(PS2),TheDarkness(PS3),PokemonSaphire(GBA).

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

1- Zelda Ocarino of Time ( N64 )
2- Metal Gear Solid ( PS )
3- Super Mario 64 ( N64 )
4- Final Fantasy VIII ( PS )
5- Super Metroid ( SNES )
6- GoldenEye ( N64 )
7- Super Mario Bros 3 ( NES )
8- Soul Calibur ( DC )
9- Half-Life ( PC )
10- Perfect Dark ( N64 )

Around the Network

1. Metal Gear Soild / Great story
2. FFVII/ Great story
3.God of War/ Great story

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

My most favorite game is........ A tie between Suikoden 2 and 5,the whole series is also my favorite.

My other favorites are..
Chrono cross
Kya dark lineage
Beyond good and evil
Breath of fire 4
Malice
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
La pucelle tactics
Dragon Warrior VII
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Some others
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

HAS ANY1 PLAYED MERCS ON MEGA-DRIVE/GENESIS...?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I'll go by platform:

GB : Gargoyle's Quest
N64 : Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
PS1 : Final Fantasy VII
PS2 : Final Fantasy X
GC : Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker
Wii : Resident Evil 4
DS : Yu-Gi-Oh! Spirit Caller
PC : Starcraft

Wow, my list got pretty long   Anyway, here they are (I tried to include as many systems as I could still remember).

Half-Life 1 (PC) - This one is quite obvious. Not only did you get HL1, which was a great game in and of itself because it had a good story and it was just non-linear enough to make you feel like you had a choice, but you also got Team Fortress Classic (one of my all time favorite games), Counter-Strike, various single-player games that were quite good, and Day of Defeat.

Half-Life 2 (PC) - Again, a great game in and of itself but you also got DoD:S, CS:S, and independent mods like Gary's Mod (before he started selling it) and upcoming mods like Fortress Forever. Though I loved HL2, I think the HL2:EPX release model is crap so I don't include those games.

Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 stars (SNES) - I absolutely loved this game and played it multiple times through. It had all the familiar Nintendo characters and as an RPG it was actually fun and had a good story IMO.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - I loved the story and the gameplay, plain and simple. The materia system is my favorite FF system of all time because it allowed me to make my characters do whatever I wanted them to. Also the graphics and presentation (for its time) were so amazing.

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - The voice acting may have been total crap and the story may have been trite but the battles, mini-games, and new take on summons was still great in my book.

Bioshock (XB360) - I don't think I have to tell anybody why, but the story is amazing, the graphics are great, and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Trauma Center: UtK (DS) - It may have been extremely hard, but this game had me coming back for more punishment time after time. Even though the surgery became completely abstract and unrelated to actual surgery, the gameplay was addicting and fun.

Super Mario World (SNES) - There's nothing like a great platformer, and Super Mario World was pretty much the platformer for me.

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) - Even though I hate the license tests, GT3 was just accessible enough for somebody who isn't that great at racing sim games to be fun.

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - Does not include the disappointing KH2. I first though KH was going to be a stupid game because of its concept (Disney characters?!) and yet it was so much fun and so engaging.

Pokemon Red/Blue (GB) - I played this game so much... There is just something about collecting and leveling up Pokemon that I love.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) - I know that a lot of people don't really like this game, but I really liked it. It was simple enough that I could play it in short bursts on the subway or at school between classes, yet it was deep enough to keep my interest the whole way through. The post game may be boring but the game is great overall.

Chrono Trigger (SNES) - One of the best RPGs of all time. I loved the new game+ and I loved that it had so many possible endings. Plus, the multi-character attacks were so cool. I can't believe this game hasn't been remade, or even ported!

Super Mario 64 (N64) - This is the first game I played on the N64 and I thought it was great. I spent so much time just collecting all the stars just for the bonus at the end.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/ Fortress Forever is out now!