By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 Cheaper Than PSOne In Beer

lol

http://spong.com/article/13493/PlayStation_3_Cheaper_Than_PSOne_In_Beer/?d=200708151050&cb=91

Around the Network

lol funny...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

still 2 expensive tho =P

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ishy said:
still 2 expensive tho =P

Its not, they just screw up on telling the customer why its worth it.   "This is living"

I love Stella beer ^__^.

Around the Network

That is a dirty trick. Why do not they use yen or dollars. The 299 PSX was way overpriced. What the article tell us is that UK is not getting screwed so much in exchange rates like in 1996. I would like a real comparison like how much beer you could buy with U$ 300 and now with U$ 600. A comparison for Japan would be nice too (maybe some Tea).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
A comparison for Japan would be nice too (maybe some Tea).

Sake ?  :(

Damned I get thirsty of this article X_X. 

Personally, i still dont get that creepy baby doll commercial. All I get from that commercial is that I am going to die if I dont buy the PS3.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Well, when I got the PS1, I was 18 and I drank Milwaukee's Best. Now I'm old and I drink good beer. I could buy far less good beer for $600 than cheap beer for $300, even now.

If you look at the inflation for the U.K from 1995 to 2006 it was about 33% so that 300 in 1995 would be about 399 today still giving about 25£ advantage to the PS3 in cost or about 18£ in 1995. For comparison in the U.S. it launched at $300 which would be about $410 today. If you look at the 6 month data on this site you can see that after one year of selling at that 300£ price it had sold only 1.78 million in PAL countries 2.5 million in America and although it gives the PSone about 3 extra months of sales time about 2.45 million in Japan. Also keep in mind that this was also most of the time only competing with the Sega Saturn for your gaming money. One comparison I think kind of drives in home on how much Europe kind of gets screwed on this is this though is this 600 dollars in 2006 would be about $455 in 1995 for the PSone add to that the 599 charged to the majority of Europe right now is about $800 in U.S. dollars and the 425£ is about 845 U.S. dollars.

http://www.moneysorter.co.uk/calculator_inflation.html
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/
http://www.xe.com/ucc/