By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock released early accidentally by Toys R Us???

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179833&page=26

http://gamerconnector.com/?p=180

Sorry paste these links in yor browser im not down with posting urls.

Anyway, lucky for some I guess, if this is correct it seems like a huge oversight!!

I dont think there were any spoilers on the neogaf link, at least the page I looked at. I didnt go any further than the photo in fear.

"Toys ‘R Us has broken BioShock’s street date of August 21st. A member over at the NeoGAF forums casually walked into the store and purchased the game along with an Xbox 360 Elite and Madden 2008. He isn’t the only one who has purchased a copy early, as other members soon checked their local Toys ‘R Us stores to get their lucky little hands on the game. Even worse, various Gamertag’s have sprung up with players who are currently playing the game and have already unlocked achievements. Jealousy-fueled hatred has spread throughout gamers everywhere."

Jealous is right. 

P.S. Also are the black bars over the text on Neogaf the censoring I hear some of you talk about? Whats with that. 

Around the Network

I am not sure, but i think the censoring re: neogaf is more how any thread that mentions vgchartz will be locked almost immediately for no (apparent) reason. Apparently ioi had some sort of falling out with the people that run the site, and so now whenever vgchartz is linked to (I am going to search for the link and edit this post if i can find it) the thread is locked when there hasn't really been (above average) trolling, name calling, etc.

I personally don't crawl neogaf so I am not sure what the bars are for, but I would assume to mark spoilers? That doesn't quite work with the few of the lines I saw that were blacked out, but what do i know. Anyone more experienced with neogaf wanna step up to bat?

Edit: Found the link, here it is. I can't remember the specifics and need to go to sleep, so read up, cause this thread is basically all i know

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4991

Also, that is hilarious about Toys R Us.  Now if that happens again later with starcraft 2.  Like tomorrow.  THEN I would be ecstatic

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Ok i see, also i probably shoulda put this in gaming, thought I did sorry.

The black bars over text isn't censorship.

Primarily, the black bars are for spoiler alerts.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well this is intersting. Wonder who screwed this up...

Well I would actually go to look for it at Toys 'R' Us if I didn't already pre order the Collector's Edition so I gotta wait anyway till release day.

Good news for people who want it now for sure.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I wish they would of 'accidentally' pre-shipped Two Worlds instead...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well it won't be long before it is up on torrents, IRC, and usenet.....I like to buy my games but that is going to be VERY tempting.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Does anyone's head get put on the chopping block for this, or is it simply a take it on the chin type of deal? Surely theres some pissed people out there.

Disposition said:
Does anyone's head get put on the chopping block for this, or is it simply a take it on the chin type of deal? Surely theres some pissed people out there.

Possibly a 'fine' which they will get sued for, for each game sold before the release date. Who knows... I think that stores should sell them the day they get them!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
Disposition said:

Possibly a 'fine' which they will get sued for, for each game sold before the release date. Who knows... I think that stores should sell them the day they get them!

I tend to agree that they should sell it when they get it. It's not like they are going to be able to change anything on a game that is already in the box.  At that point they are just wanting big first day/first week sales numbers and that is just a matter of corporate interests not coinciding with gamer interests.

To Each Man, Responsibility