By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 of my friends xbox 360s broke down recently.

Two of my friends xbox 360s(elites)  broke recently. They are both late 07. Anyone else?(ireland particularly)

Oscar Wilde: It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances.

Around the Network

First post is usually your introduction to a forum... With your first post, you chose to ask a trolling question and get a flame war started.

If you are curious about Xbox 360 failures, you should really look at the something awful forums "my 360 broked" thread. People who post there because their 360 just broke, and they post their experiences. They also talk about the age of their 360.

It seems like most 360s break right now after 9-15 months. There are quite a few in the somethingawful forums that were made in 2008 that broke (maybe 100 reported in that thread) and I think it is because those guys play them a lot. They often provide an idea of how much they play them, usually.

It seems like failure rates are down for the newest consoles but failure reports overall are up since there are so many Xbox 360s out there now. Of course, these are just estimates I have from watching that thread.

Rrod stories that no one cares about go into the official rrod thread.

Yes, I'm sure there has been a 360 that broke in Ireland somewhere.  Not a great start to your VGChartz career.