By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Upcoming Wii releases in Japan

im looking forward to in order of preference: super paper mario bomberman land wii one piece unlimited adventure (if it comes to US) eyeshield 21 (i doubt it'll come to US) sonic and the secret rings (never really sonic fan due to the speed of that hedgehog) but seems fun

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

How can you go wrong with Densya de Go? They should do a direct port of the original, cardboard cut-out people and all. Who doesn't want to be a train driver when they grow up? Seriously though, we'd be likely to purchase the following games: Sangokushi XI - it's a Romance of the Three Kingdoms game. Super Paper Mario Bomberman Land Wii Big Brain Academy (My wife wants this...)

Mar 22 Love Adventure Love x 2 Kiss Mar 22 Mist of Chaos Gotta get those.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Whoa. Didn't know Brain Academy was dated. Will that game pull good numbers in Japan? On DS it was a million seller... What about Paper Mario? NSMB was a massive hit, and the past Paper Mario games were okay hits in Japan too.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I don't expect anything much from Big Brain Academy, the same way Monster Hunter didnt lend itself too well for consoles. I'm keeping my eye on the One Piece game. It looks really pretty and I'm digging the art style. It also looks like the actually put effort into an anime licensed game and I hope to see similar graphics on the Wii as the bare minimum!

Around the Network

Here comes the drought again for sony in Japan.

how many of those games can you play online?

I'm quite astounded that Sega hasn't released 'Virtua Cop', or 'House of the Dead' already for the Wii - or that Nintendo hasn't announced/released a simple "light gun style" shooter (even Wii Carnival, or Duck Hunt world tour or something). Trivial game to develop, and sure it would sell through the roof...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Sure all these sorts of titles are on the way...

Johnsoba said: Here comes the drought again for sony in Japan.
Enough PS3 titles - but how many will actually sell? Games like Winning Post have been "sequel'ed" out on the PS2 - don't see why a PS3 version would sell much better. If fact, its amazing how many of the games ARE sequels. Wonder when we'll see some more original PS3 titles...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099