By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Hey check out the videos on IGN for the PoP game on Wii. It looks nice. I think I may get this as I have never played PoP before. http://media.wii.ign.com/media/846/846384/vids_1.html

Around the Network

i remember i used to love the prince of persia on pc before. it was awesome. looking foward to using the wii controller for this one tho.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

So far this is the third Last gen port of a popular franchise by Ubisoft. The first two; Farcry Vengeance and Splinter Cell we're attrocious, ugly and unplayable messes. I really hope they've learned their lesson for this one, and the videos don't look too bad, but I'm not going to get my hopes up over this one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said: So far this is the third Last gen port of a popular franchise by Ubisoft. The first two; Farcry Vengeance and Splinter Cell we're attrocious, ugly and unplayable messes. I really hope they've learned their lesson for this one, and the videos don't look too bad, but I'm not going to get my hopes up over this one.
Ubisoft is either being very clever or remarkably dumb ... As everyone knows the best way to make money in videogames is to create great games and to meet the potential of the system ... Now, the Wii allows for a massive increase in the quantity and quality of interactions with the game; in many ways motion based controlls offer unlimited inputs and can generate very immersive ways of interacting with the game. If Ubisoft is porting games in order to try out as many input methods as they can and recieve as much feedback as possible I think they're being very smart; after you have a good base FPS control structure building off of that should be much easier. On the other hand if Ubisoft is quickly porting games thinking that gamers want the exact same number and type of inputs in a Wii game that we could have in a Gamecube game they're being very dumb ...

Far Cry and Splinter Cell used Motion controls alright, but according to all reviews, they were clumsy and damn near Broken. Both games looked pretty ugly too. It seems like Ubisoft was just trying to cash in on Wii momentum. Now they've also made the awsome Raving Rabbids and the potential showing Red Steel, two titles that have already sold 300K+. So hopefully they're looking at those two game sales, comparing them to the abysmal sales of their two cash in quickies, and realizing that they need to change tact quick. If so, Rival Swords, Driver and any other port games of theres might still be good. If not... Avoid this like a motion controlled plague.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.