By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Just had to tell someone.

Everytime I go to gamestop they tell me something that's wrong. Like the other day they told me that metroid prime 3 is going to be online. Now I would love to beleive that's true but I know it's not. Does that happen to you guys.

Around the Network

Gamestop employees usually aren't ginormous gaming enthusiasts like us.

good point. He actually convinced me to buy it because I thought just the idea of metroid online would be cool.

yep all the time.. i was in there with my friend he was looking for some Wii and gamecube games.. the guy that worked at gamestop tried to get me to preorder GTA IV.. he was saying to go ahead and preorder it now because you might not get a better deal on it come october.. and I was like well GTA IV just got delayed so there will be plenty of deals to go around come march 08... and the gamestop guy was like well our system is still showing october and plus GTA games never get released outside of october... so someone was probably lying to you.. at that point i had to pull out my phone and pull up the article on the internet where it said GTA got delayed and he still didnt believe me... I bet he does now though.. sucker

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Today they told me that the Zapper was packed in with Prime 3... The other guy behind the counter and I held in our laughter, and he found a reason to send him to the back, so we could let it out.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

So much of a Gamestop employee's job is based on how well they can sell game reservations and subscriptions.

Sometimes they're just mis-informed, sometimes they lie to sell the res. Mostly though, they get their information from other customers who come in and say they read this or that rumor online and fail to do the research themeselves. It's a sad thing. The only time they really get any information is when corporate sends it to us a day before launch  

Currently playing: Civ 6

LOL, Gamestop employees are hilarious. A couple weeks ago one of their workers tried to convince me that Phonix Wright was coming to the PSP.