By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jack Thompson: Take Two’s Stock Woes Are an Act of God!!

When he’s not leading a shareholder revolt, Jack Thompson is apparently a spokesman for God. In a letter to Take Two’s CEO Strauss Zelnick, the former attorney said that Take-Two’s recent stock tumble is an act of God.

Thompson wrote:

“As you will recall, when we met in New York for a couple of hours on May 15, 2007, I mentioned to you that unless Take-Two cleaned up its corporate act (stopped marketing and selling its Mature-rated games to minors), there would be a wicked price to pay.

Since then Take-Two’s stock has gone from $26 to $7+ per share. I think God has put the world together in such a way that your company’s wrongdoing has made this fiscal reckoning unavoidable. Scripture says so.

[...]

I have been your company’s and its shareholders’ best friend in all this since I appeared on 60 Minutes in the spring of 2005, but you chose to characterize me as your company’s enemy, pledging to destroy me, and now the piper is being paid. God is not amused.

The harm you and your agents have done to me is predictable, as Jesus told his disciples: “The world hates you because it first hated me.” I’ll be fine, as God promises that “All things work to the good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.” I am called, are you? Jesus says, “I knock on the door, and anyone who answers, I will come in.” Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, calls you even now.

Please repent of your company’s sins. God will reward both it and you. Shalom, Jack Thompson.”

Someone should check this guy.

http://www.endsights.com/?p=486

Around the Network

so his license was removed, as an act of god?

Yeah I have read this before. I think my opinions of this guy can be summed up by what penny-arcade says about him... "..and he also sodomizes giraffes"
LOL

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

*sigh*

Why don't this guy get cancer and die already. Every single time he opens his mouth, vaporized shit comes out. It's just unbareble.

Man, why are the pretty ones always so dumb.

Around the Network

Tonight at Nine. Night Trap condemmed by Muhammad and at 10 MK:Subzero not good Karma with Buddha!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

lol.. Someone should seriously slap him around with a large trout.

On another note they should also give him a reality check. He seems to have been hit in the head by crasy.

Check out my game about moles ^

fiscal reckoning, why sony too? surely MS deserves more reckoning

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm sorry, but my IQ just dropped as a result of this.

News at 10:30 Jack Thompson Stuck by Mystery Lightning Bolt. Claimed by Gamers as Act of God

Proud Sony Rear Admiral