By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-ray taking Europe by storm! ~Positive Sony News~

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Blu-ray hardware sales increase, with months like November where the format outsells DVD hardware completely if you only focus on standalone + console but ignore computer disc drives for some reason.

I went to the link, and actually read it, hence I fixed that misleading statement that was in there. It's much less impressive now :P

And also, I would assume dvd players are sold at a higher profit on the hardware, being most blu ray players (PS3) are sold at a loss

And also when you look at software, dvd is outselling Blu Ray by a ridiculous amount

So no, Blu Ray isn't dead, it's just not doing well

Around the Network

personally i think the online movies is the wave of the future. I have a PS3 and enjoy hd movies but it seems to me that most people who have a HDTV also have on demand cable where you can just order the movie in HD and watch it and save money.

scottie said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Blu-ray hardware sales increase, with months like November where the format outsells DVD hardware completely if you only focus on standalone + console but ignore computer disc drives for some reason.

I went to the link, and actually read it, hence I fixed that misleading statement that was in there. It's much less impressive now :P

And also, I would assume dvd players are sold at a higher profit on the hardware, being most blu ray players (PS3) are sold at a loss

And also when you look at software, dvd is outselling Blu Ray by a ridiculous amount

Jeez, negative much? O_o

Sorry, I'm not trying to hate. I actually want Blu Ray to become mainstream, so that then prices on blu ray movies drop and I can afford to buy them.

And I did agree that Blu Ray isn't dead, it's having nice year over year increases afterall

But I still can't agree that it's doing well

Naum said:
Well I have bought 12 blu-ray movies the last three months..

guess how many DvD i have bought??... jepp Zero.

same here, like wat the hell is a dvd, lol. i haven't gotten a dvd since i brough a ps3, and that was 2 years ago

Around the Network
scottie said:
Sorry, I'm not trying to hate. I actually want Blu Ray to become mainstream, so that then prices on blu ray movies drop and I can afford to buy them.

And I did agree that Blu Ray isn't dead, it's having nice year over year increases afterall

But I still can't agree that it's doing well

Ah, i see. alright lol... and i agree to, cheaper Blu-Ray discs would be epic win for eveyone. :D

I bought my first blueray this month (Planet Earth and Dark Knight + Batman begin). The visual quality of Planet Earth on a Bravia 46" is magnificent even to my poor and untrained eyes. I thought that it is worth every cents.

scottie said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

you would also have to ignore dvd console sales (360) while including blu ray console sales (ps3)

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Oh come on guys,
One bit of positive and everyone comes down on it like a ton of bricks.
I didn't realise how many posters haven't seemed to have left Junior school yet (TheSource excepted, of course! valid points as ever).
Just amazing.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:

Oh come on guys,
One bit of positive and everyone comes down on it like a ton of bricks.
I didn't realise how many posters haven't seemed to have left Junior school yet (TheSource excepted, of course! valid points as ever).
Just amazing.

I try spank *sob* i really do  *tear* but everytime i try to post something positive someone has to take it apart and bash it. :( ... ;_;