By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Age of the Arcade

Did any of you "care"/"Notice" the brand, or maker or if the graphics were prettier?

Around the Network
kakarotto said:
Did any of you "care"/"Notice" the brand, or maker or if the graphics were prettier?

Nope. Can't say that I did. All I knew was that The Simpsons game, Donkey Kong and Ms. Pacman totally rocked.

Comrade Tovya said:
BCrayfish said:
Oh man, I spent so much time with the street fighter and Mortal Kombat machines. There was something really special about standing together with a bunch of other game players, talking about combos, fatalities and any other secrets. Plus there were always 3 other people ready to fight through a TMNT: Turtles in Time machine with you.

Yeah, I remember there being an unspoken rule about the SF2 machines.

You played until you lost, and then you let someone else some in play the winner.  It wasn't reallty a spoken rule per se, but everyone did it none-the-less.  It was the unspoken gamer code I guess.

Yeah, I remember that. Usually meant that one side of the machine would have the same guy most of the day while the other side had a huge line of challengers. One thing I liked about the arcades was if you were good you could really make your money last. :3

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
Comrade Tovya said:
BCrayfish said:
Oh man, I spent so much time with the street fighter and Mortal Kombat machines. There was something really special about standing together with a bunch of other game players, talking about combos, fatalities and any other secrets. Plus there were always 3 other people ready to fight through a TMNT: Turtles in Time machine with you.

Yeah, I remember there being an unspoken rule about the SF2 machines.

You played until you lost, and then you let someone else some in play the winner.  It wasn't reallty a spoken rule per se, but everyone did it none-the-less.  It was the unspoken gamer code I guess.

Yeah, I remember that. Usually meant that one side of the machine would have the same guy most of the day while the other side had a huge line of challengers. One thing I liked about the arcades was if you were good you could really make your money last. :3

Yeah, haha, that's right.

I knew this one asian kid who could tie up a machine for 4 hours without losing and would only stop playing once his hands/arms got tired.  Me, I was really good, but after about 10 games, someone better than me would whip me pretty good.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

The Wii has become everybodys arcade, haven't you noticed?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.