By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4.5?

One_touch_KO said:
KichiVerde said:
One_touch_KO said:
4lc0h0l said:
i played the demo on my 360 and i think its not a horror type game, but the co--op is so damn good =) i think thats the strong thing about re5 more than a re4 rip style, i think the co-op has never been done as good as on RE5

Yea I thought so but my roomates are scared about PS360 controllers except for Pro Evolution Soccer, so even If I have the game. no co-op for me :(

you could always find some random person online. The mission co-op is fully online. That makes it more enjoyable. Split screen kind of sucks. You cant see enough of the action.

I thought co-op online was just in the 360 version X___X

Nope, Im pretty sure the PS3 also has online co-op.  The two versions are scheduled to be released on the same day so I s¥dont see why any of their content or features would be different.  If anything the difference between the two versions will be small technical ones, and those unfortunately will be heavily scrutinized here at VGchartz following the games release.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
One_touch_KO said:
KichiVerde said:
One_touch_KO said:
4lc0h0l said:
i played the demo on my 360 and i think its not a horror type game, but the co--op is so damn good =) i think thats the strong thing about re5 more than a re4 rip style, i think the co-op has never been done as good as on RE5

Yea I thought so but my roomates are scared about PS360 controllers except for Pro Evolution Soccer, so even If I have the game. no co-op for me :(

you could always find some random person online. The mission co-op is fully online. That makes it more enjoyable. Split screen kind of sucks. You cant see enough of the action.

lol,,what?

I saw the M$ conference at E3 live and they mencioned exclusive features for RE5 for 360 and co-op online was one of them? No?

:|

^^^no it's also available on PSN for free ;)

One_touch_KO said:
SpartanFX said:
One_touch_KO said:
KichiVerde said:
One_touch_KO said:
4lc0h0l said:

lol,,what?

I saw the M$ conference at E3 live and they mencioned exclusive features for RE5 for 360 and co-op online was one of them? No?

Thats news to me.  If its true, I know a lot of 360 fan boys will just love rubbing it in to the faces of their Sony fanboy rivals. But I still doubt the PS3 version will be without co-op.  It just wouldnt make sense.  I mean that would be real low of MS to pay to Capcom omit that feature from the PS3 version. It could have been in reference to some planned DLC with co-op.

Off-topic: I'm so glad to see Wii, PS3 and 360 owners to have a fine discuss about the game with no trolling. Thanks people.

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
disolitude said:

I did not like the demo. It was not resident evil 4.5...they changed a lot of things and made it in to an action game first. It was more like gears of evil 1.37

Seriously...if you thought RE5 is a rehash of 4...what are you doing supporting nintendo? Most of the AAA game this gen for the Wii have been rehashes if RE5 is a rehash. Except the Wii games barely improved the graphics where RE5 looks astonishing in HD.

looks astonishing. LOOKS.

Got it? :)

read the other users posts, might help you out.

I don't understand why I need help. But anyways...

So it seems to be established that the game looks amazing. Plays like an expanded version of part 4 with emphasis on action.

Resident evil 1,2,3,code veronica,remake and Zero all play very simliar...most with graphical enhancements. 4 was revolutionary...you didn't expect 5 to be a brand new thing did you? Expecially considering Resident evil 4 still wipes the floor with other similar action horror games like dead space. 

KichiVerde said:
One_touch_KO said:
SpartanFX said:
One_touch_KO said:
KichiVerde said:
One_touch_KO said:
4lc0h0l said:

lol,,what?

Thats news to me. If its true, I know a lot of 360 fan boys will just love rubbing it in to the faces of their Sony fanboy rivals. But I still doubt the PS3 version will be without co-op. It just wouldnt make sense. I mean that would be real low of MS to pay to Capcom omit that feature from the PS3 version. It could have been in reference to some planned DLC with co-op.

Well at least was what I got at the moment, and as I am expecting much the game I didn't saw any information about it since E3 (besides some pics) to have an oustanding first touch with the game, so I don't know about co-op in PS3 version also. Because if I'm well reminded it was that arrogant guy at microsoft that stated:

"RE5 will feature co-op online boosted by Xbox Live service, only on Xbox360"

I think he was refering to the game, we all know that the network for PS3 isn't named Live >___>

SpartanFX said:
the only 2 concers i ahve with theg ame after watching the new gameplay vids are:

1 AI seems a bit dumb,,, i mean the guy is like 2 metes from you but doesn't react until you shoot him.(this might be ironed out for the final built)

2 When you shoot someone animations look just like RE4.(hit response i mean,,,,kinda underwhelming for a current gen game)

other than that the game looks fantastic.I m gonna pick it up day 1.

anyone shares these concerns?or it's just me?

SpartanFX said:
SpartanFX said:
the only 2 concers i ahve with theg ame after watching the new gameplay vids are:

1 AI seems a bit dumb,,, i mean the guy is like 2 metes from you but doesn't react until you shoot him.(this might be ironed out for the final built)

2 When you shoot someone animations look just like RE4.(hit response i mean,,,,kinda underwhelming for a current gen game)

other than that the game looks fantastic.I m gonna pick it up day 1.

anyone shares these concerns?or it's just me?

I know what you are getting at. When you shoot guys they react real silly like.  But thats how its always been.  Theyre not real people but zombies, or infected or what not.  So they dont act like normal people. And they do tend to act dumb.

ANyhow its what Ive vome to expect from the RE world, so I dont got a problem with it.  

@ disolitue

I get your point, but RE1, 2 and 3 were the beggining of the franchise. No need to change it it much yea, that's why they released 3 games in the same gen.

But if you look to 2004 for RE4 and look now for RE5 in 2008... It's kind of disapointing see?

(I had the exactly same feeling playing Animal Crossing Wii, but it stills my 2nd favourite game)