By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4.5?

Finally I played the demo of RE5 on an Xbox360 (though by an illegal way, but I really had to play it) and my first thought after playing the two areas of it was:

Resident Evil 4.5?

It just seemed a revamped version of Resident Evil 4, with better graphics, less horror and more shooter felling. (And gameplay was kind of step-back since I played RE4 on the Wii). Although, I'll have it for my future PS3, its a good game. But I just had the feeling it wasn't a sequel that 4 deserved. Anyone felt the same?

EDIT: Trolling not allowed. If you didn't play the demo don't bother asking.

Around the Network

how did u get the demo?

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

its a demo. start bitching when the full version releases

But wouldn't I have do break the law to play the demo ?

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
its a demo. start bitching when the full version releases

I said no trolling allowed. I'm giving my thoughts on the demo and want to know others opinion. You're invited to leave this thread.

otoniel said:
how did u get the demo?

In any P2P, torrent, etc... But we can't talk about it here. Google it :)

Around the Network

i played the demo on my 360 and i think its not a horror type game, but the co--op is so damn good =) i think thats the strong thing about re5 more than a re4 rip style, i think the co-op has never been done as good as on RE5

Million said:

But wouldn't I have do break the law to play the demo ?

Well no, it works on any non-modded 360. And the demo is free in japan soooo. You're just smarter to have something sooner than expected :P

I have yet to try the demo (ive got a PS3 so...)
but honestly, thats exactly how it looks.

i'm really excited for the game for the story really, thats it, cause the system looks exactly the same, plus zombies on motorcycles is just plain stupid

I played it when the demo came out. And at the time a lot of people were complaining about the buddy revive system, and even having Shiva to begin with. they said it detracted from the survival horror aspect that had made the other games so tense and enjoyable.

In a way I think they are right, but its a sacrifice for co-op play. RE4 didnt even have co-op. So 5 is definitely different than 4. You have to consider the weapon set up, quick draw, and no pause when going through inventory also. Those are dramatic changes in the game play. In fact it seems that there is no more weapon case at all. Also the healing herbs are all now physical sprays that take time to apply. Its not instantaneous. if you get hit while trying to use it you could die.

I really enjoyed the demo and was left wanting to play more after the two missions. And the trailers show so much more awsome shit. I cant wait to play through the actual game.

4lc0h0l said:
i played the demo on my 360 and i think its not a horror type game, but the co--op is so damn good =) i think thats the strong thing about re5 more than a re4 rip style, i think the co-op has never been done as good as on RE5

Yea I thought so but my roomates are scared about PS360 controllers except for Pro Evolution Soccer, so even If I have the game. no co-op for me :(