By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally bought Gears of War 2.

Screw Co-op. You two need to play Horde with you. I haven't been able to get past Wave 10 in weeks (it doesn't help that I get paired up with 1 bars, even though I'm a 1 bar as well).

I do wish the game had more of a storyline, though. Parts like the search for Maria's wife and the mystery of Adam Fenix were quite played out and boring, but the armies and fighting and the struggle for Sera were what made me feel like I was playing in quite an awesome world. If Gears 3 emphasizes the military aspect of the story, it'll be day one for me.

Also, the story writers should learn to add new characters that aren't just some new stereotype (cowboy, newbie, spiritual Asian guy). Oh, and fix the online. It sucks. Complaints done.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Screw Co-op. You two need to play Horde with you. I haven't been able to get past Wave 10 in weeks (it doesn't help that I get paired up with 1 bars, even though I'm a 1 bar as well).

I'm down if you're down for some irresponsible couch potato drinking in between Horde rounds.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Down like a clown Charlie Brown. I'll make sure to use my mic for once. Any agreements on time? And who else should be bring?

Oh, hells yes.

But one stipulation:

You have to keep up with me drinking. If you can last past the second act, I will be verily impressed.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I just started Gears 2 with my brother (God bless Xbox Live) today.

I think we're in Act 3 but it's hard to say. We are in the third area.

This game is awesome.

Around the Network

Goddamn Piggy, I wanted to do Horde! Fine, you and Onyx do campaign. I'm going to go cry in that corner over there. I've already finished Campaign on Normal and almost on Hardcore and it's really not THAT great.

@ rocketpig, Montana, and Onyx, we should play horde :)

It's ok guys. There's enough of me to go around. Me and Rocket will do some co-op campaign. Pig, I'm drinking beer and can keep up if you drink beer too. If you're drinking liquor there's no way I can down my beers that fast.

Hatchet, I dunno we should all do some Horde tomorrow night. I'm good after 11 PM-12 AM EST myself. Finding a fourth isn't usually hard. I almost always have someone playing Gears 2 on my Friend's list at any given time.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

We really should. Dibs on Hoffman.

Okay then. The plan, is everyone is up for it, goes like this:

Horde at 11:00 Eastern Standard:

Monti Cooper

Rocketpig76

Daddy Keil

Loko Moi MX

Some random dude? Maybe Munkeh111 if he's up for it...