By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The facial hair thread. (growth, shaving, etc discussion)

I use a different brand, in spray form. It's faster, works in 5 minutes.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I grow a van dyke when I'm too lazy to shave or when its really cold outside.  My cheeks are hairless.  I use an electric shaver for two reasons. (1): I only recently grew out of pimples (razors turn your face blood red when you have pimples).  (2): I continue to use electric because the less close shave does not make me itchy (hair cut really short has trouble poking out of the skin, and grows underneath it leading to itchiness until around 5 o'clock shadow time.) It takes 2 weeks to grow a respectable van dyke.

Interesting. I had the lotion kind of thing. Have you ever tried that? Is the spray less stinky?

No the spray is just as, if not more, stinky. It gets everywhere. But it's good for those hard to reach places.

It also agitates the skin more....

Actually, I don't know why I use it.

Going by the image posted above, my beard resembles the short-boxed beard the most.

It doesn't take very long to grow out, and I have it most of the time. My job doesn't require that I'd have to be clean shaven. The odd time I do shave, however, I trim it with an electric razor then use a Gillette Fusion.

Around the Network

Eh, I guess I'll stick to shaving then. What sorts of hard to reach spots are you trying to get?

My back. I can reach another spot with the razor, but it just wont shave in to tight spots... think Deuce Bigalow.

Ah, I totally understand now.

steven787 said:
No, I meant, why would one boy/man care what most girls care about? They only need to be themselves, be comfortable with themselves, and convince one girl to like them at a time. (or several, if they are into that kind of thing)

If women didn't care what men thought, then we wouldn't shave our legs or armpits like what is mostly expected of us. 

I'm willing to say I do care what the opposite sex thinks. I wont go as far as to spend half my free time on making my hair look pretty and putting on make-up, but the basic maintanance I will do.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
How much facial hair you get depends greatly on your heritage. Those with native american or asian ancestry tend to grow the least.

And if you ask me, the less is better because then you don't have to shave obsessively and most chicks find full beards gross.

NOOOO! Please don't say it is gross. I can tell now we are heading toward an androgynous society. It seems like a cultural shift is, and has been, taking place. I think I want to grow a huge beard. Mine still needs to come in around my mid upper cheeks, I'm only 22 but when it does come in (missing a section or two) it is black as hell (even though I have brown hair-which is weird).

I think I will grow a very long mustache. Like that evil dude in Big trouble in little china.