By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just upgraded my Ps3 Hard drive to a 250gb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy yourself an enclosure and turn your OEM HDD into an 80GB USB drive. It's perfect for backing up your PS3.

Around the Network

Nice, wish my 360 could do that...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

My PS3 60gig (now 160gig) is IDE, not SATA.. I guess they changed that? 

NVM I was thinking of my A35 Laptop...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Dogs Rule said:
Buy yourself an enclosure and turn your OEM HDD into an 80GB USB drive. It's perfect for backing up your PS3.

Good Idea Thanx.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bullet100000 said:
Dogs Rule said:

Good Idea Thanx.

works like a charm too

You'll have to format it for windows to recognise it though, PS3 uses a non-Windows compatable file system.

You might want to look at getting an open sourse/third party format utility to format your old PS3 HDD into FAT32 instead of NTFS, PS3 don't like NTFS and Windows (standard utilities) won't format a drive the size of that in FAT32, only NTFS

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

That's awesome, I have a 40 gb unfortunately, and i've only got 10 gb left. I will probably upgrade to a 250 gb soon as well.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

im sorry, there are 1TB notebook drives coming

still a comfy amount of space 250 is

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Bullet100000 said:
indodude said:
How much is it? I should do this one day.

I paid $66 Tax & Ground shipping included

Heres the link i used

http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4195799&sku=TMD-250AS2&srkey=tmd-250as2

Wow that isn't very much.

Thank you guy for commenting.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Just Thought I let everyone know!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!