By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shaun White Snowboarding sequel coming, 40% of sales are from Wii version

@stof: Namco Bandai released 2 We Ski games in a period of 6 months, that's what I'm talking about.

Take a look at Need for Speed or the Raving Rabbid series. 1 every year, and they dont get any better.

Around the Network

40% of 260,000 is about 105k so we are pretty much tracking the Wii version correctly. So that's good to hear.

And it should be of no surprise that Shaun White is doing better on Wii. I mean Ninty showed it off at their E3 conference as a main game and the balance board has been a good marketing aspect. So far games that use the balance board are doing pretty good. All except Skate It unfortunately.

Hopefully there will be online in the Wii version for the second one.

“We have not announced any plans for future projects with Shaun.” - Ubisoft rep

so guess it isnt true...yet

Who-hoo, that is great news. Shaun White on the wii is great. I never played a snowboarding game on a console before, but with the balance board it is awesome.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Still a rental in my eyes, and 40% on Wii means 60% on 360 & PS3 even without the stupid fucking balance board.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Zombl337 said:
Still a rental in my eyes, and 40% on Wii means 60% on 360 & PS3 even without the stupid fucking balance board.

don't forget the DS, PSP, PS2, and PC versions as well, they might only accumulate about 10-20% of the total sales but they're still incorporated. ;P

Ah, DS, PSP, PS2 and PC... that explains it.

Was going to say... 40% sounds about right if not a little low considering i can't see why people would want to play it without the balance board.

Eh then again a lot of people loved the Tony Hawk games.

As a snowboarder of 8 years, I can translate for Shaun -

"Burton is mad because they couldn't make out their logos on the character's pants, and they yelled at me"

For as good as Shaun is of a snowboarder, he's as good at being a sellout.

FYI, there is no "culture" to snowboarding. Watch some snowboard videos and see for yourself. Its a bunch of teens and 20somethings who get sponsored to throw down some nasty tricks and then act like idiots for the camera like "girls gone wild" just without chicks or nudity.

He should be more concered with realistic controls and accurate maps of actual resorts.

bardicverse said:

"Burton is mad because they couldn't make out their logos on the character's pants, and they yelled at me"

FYI, there is no "culture" to snowboarding. Watch some snowboard videos and see for yourself. Its a bunch of teens and 20somethings who get sponsored to throw down some nasty tricks and then act like idiots for the camera like "girls gone wild" just without chicks or nudity.

He should be more concered with realistic controls and accurate maps of actual resorts.

He also makes a very good Carrot Top.

At E3 i really thought he was Carrot Top.

updated the OP

axumblade said:
Kasz216 said:
bardicverse said:

He also makes a very good Carrot Top.

At E3 i really thought he was Carrot Top.

Agreed.

Also, how do you sell out if there is no culture to snowboarding?

That's easy. He spends more time at Burton events (for those that dont snowboard Burton is a snowboard company with the status/name recognition of Nike) and photo ops than anything else. I don't entirely blame him though, he'syoung. in 4 years he'll hate everything he'sdoing, break away and go back to just ridin