By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shaun White Snowboarding sequel coming, 40% of sales are from Wii version

“Obviously, it’s easier to replicate the sensation of boarding on the Wii because we have the balance board, but with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 there’s a whole culture behind our sport and you can see that in the amount of clothes and boards and customization options in the game. Now that I have the knowledge and I can speak to programmers better and I understand a lot more about what’s possible and what’s not possible, this will all help with the next game.” - Shaun White

Link

“We have not announced any plans for future projects with Shaun.” - Ubisoft rep

Link

Around the Network

maybe he should just spend more time on the Wii verson. The visuals were underachieved on the Wii, they could have done a much better job.

"maybe he should just spend more time on the Wii verson. The visuals were underachieved on the Wii, they could have done a much better job."

But they could have been a hell of a lot worse.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Very cool. The first one is so much fun (I've only played the Wii version.), I'd definitely pick up sequel.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"maybe he should just spend more time on the Wii verson. The visuals were underachieved on the Wii, they could have done a much better job."

ha oh what should we praise companies now becuase they didn't do as shitty as they could have.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

ha oh what should we praise companies now becuase they didn't do as shitty as they could have.

You obviously weren't there at the Ubiday debacle. We thought Ubisoft was shitting on the Wii with no effort. Then it turned out the final result ran and played smoothly (what I've read about, so it's not just me using my opinion, since I don't have the game), and even their Dogz game turned out to actually use the Wii's tech.

This game could look better, but the result showed that they were actually doing something with the Wii, and now that it's the bestselling version, they'll work harder on the next version.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The Wii game has been reviewed highly for it's visuals. A lot of people are saying that the techinically strong and nicely stylized Wii graphics look way better than the dull, if realistic, HD versions.

Anyways, that 40% should go up quite a bit over time, as the HD versions drop and Road Trip keeps up some massive legs.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

What a sequel so soon?? I hope they dont start milking their successful franchises this fast. Why do developers who see that a successful product was achieved, start releasing like 1219280 games of the franchise every year. Looks like they didnt learn from EA.

^ You know games take a while to develop right? If they start now the new one could come out next Christmas or even in 2010.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I heard the Wii version is fun with the balance board. I might get it.