By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is the Metacritic Film section full of crap?

Well it isn't Metacritic's fault I guess, but idiotic reviewers who constantly bring down the score with their insanely biased ratings. I dunno, every score in the film section seems to just be totally lopsided. But maybe it's Metacritic's fault for posting reviews from sites that have no business reviewing anyway?

Around the Network

If you want anyoneother than yourself to understand your writing, you might want to elaborate. What exactly is wrong with the Film section?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yeah...did they give the godfather a 1 or something?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Onyxmeth said:

If you want anyone other than yourself to understand your writing, you might want to elaborate. What exactly is wrong with the Film section?

lolll

colonelstubbs said:
Yeah...did they give the godfather a 1 or something?

Godfather has received universal acclaim on metacritic, its available on blu ray just in case you want to watch but you would need a ps3 to play it lol

Around the Network

the godfather part 3 gets 60. what is up with that? and groundhog day, my favorite movie of all time, gets a 72.

what's up with that??

^ godfather 3 is a disgrace dont kno about the other movie

bugrimmar said:
the godfather part 3 gets 60. what is up with that? and groundhog day, my favorite movie of all time, gets a 72.

what's up with that??

If your measure for what these films should be rests on how idiotically high the gaming scores are, let me just stop you now. Gaming reviews are the laughing stock of the critical world and everyone knows it. Films are judged much more harshly. Even critical darlings like No Country For Old Men have received scores lower than 50%.

Edit: Also it should be noted that 72 for a film is fantastic. Most of the best reviewed movies ever cap out in the 80's.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

well i know how horrible the game rating system is. believe me, i hate the games system as it is.

but to rate masterpieces in the 60's? i doubt that's cool.

bugrimmar said:
well i know how horrible the game rating system is. believe me, i hate the games system as it is.

but to rate masterpieces in the 60's? i doubt that's cool.

What masterpiece? Godfather Part 3? Do you not know the general consensus on that movie? Most people think it's severely lacking in comparison to the first two films, and some people wish it were never made at all. Now if this were Part 1 or 2 we were talking about, you may have a point.