By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the PS3 be hacked?

It can already be hacked but it is not cost effective. The blank Blu-Ray discs are too expensive. The PS3 needs a hardware mod chip to play pirated games on it.

Around the Network

The PS3 hacked? It already has been... by my buddy David. That's the reason why he got rid of his 360.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Hopefully it wont be hacked. PS3 software is struggling enough as it is without games being copied

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Dgc1808 said:
BrayanA said:

Who will download 25 GB files? How many games you can put on your 40GB drive if only one game is 25GB?

If you're able to hack your PS3, I doubt you would have much issues upgrading your HDD to something like a 320GB or more.

As for downloading... I've downloaded 75GB worth of detective conan eps and movies at once b4..... so.....

Ahhh I see ... you are the real incarnation of the average PS3 owner. How I can forget. 99.9% of them upgrade to 320GB and eat 25GB files like cookies ... and they are doing this to play few games (most of them can't be played from HDD).

never

Around the Network

I think it's a software issue. The main reason pirating is so big on PC is because there's no reasonable way for a normal person to buy all the the good games coming out. The PS3 is more oriented towards a few superstar titles releasing every year.

Result: Paying 200$ to get your PS3 hacked isn't worth it to get 5 good games free.
Paying 200$ to get your 360 hacked is worth it to get 10-15 good games free.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

hackers should think of a way to do what they did with xbox 1 and copy games to hdd since we can have large hdds on the ps3..

@Numonex : Evidence Please.

@Comrade Tovya : Your Buddy is lying

@Showerta : Wrong , So Wrong :(.