By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whos going to watch the movie "Seven Pounds" with will smith

Its got will smith in it, ergo somebody will go and see it for sure, and it will make a stupid amount of money.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
Everstar said:
twesterm said:
I still have no idea what the movie is about.

me either but will smith is in it so ill watch it

Funny, I usually feel the exact opposite.

Although Will Smith hasn't been as bad recently.  Hancock was at least passable.  Pursuit of Happyness was supposed to be pretty good.  This looks passable.

Are you freakin' kidding me!!!

Men in Black 1 and 2, awesome. (First one is enjoyable, the second one is AWFUL)
Independence day, awesome (Ummmm.......yeah......the only saving grace of this movie is Jeff Goldblum)
I am Legend, really awesome (Never saw it, didn't hear anything good about it)
Hancock, funny, good (Decent, Will Smith did a good acting job, but the movie was only above average)
Hitch, funny, good (Saw the end of it, wasn't impressed)
I, Robot, great (Haven't seen it, but have heard pretty much nothing but bad things)
Ali, great (Have heard good things about this, but haven't seen it)

and so on.

I don't think he has made a 'passable' movie.

I will see this because he is in it and I'm sure it will be anything but passable.

Men in Black 1 and 2, awesome. (First one is enjoyable, the second one is AWFUL)
Independence day, awesome (Ummmm.......yeah......the only saving grace of this movie is Jeff Goldblum)
I am Legend, really awesome (Never saw it, didn't hear anything good about it)
Hancock, funny, good (Decent, Will Smith did a good acting job, but the movie was only above average)
Hitch, funny, good (Saw the end of it, wasn't impressed)
I, Robot, great (Haven't seen it, but have heard pretty much nothing but bad things)
Ali, great (Have heard good things about this, but haven't seen it)

You need to get better taste in movies if these are your ideas of great films.  Will Smith has done a few good movies, but he certainly he isn't really the actor who goes for "good" movies.  I don't have anything against the guy, but I don't really care that much for him either.

Will Smith has been choosing his movies more wisely recently.  He may blossom into a good actor one of these days.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

so far the movie is getting mixed reviews, mostly positive