By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are PS3 owners really bothered about the PS3 being in 3rd , seriously ?

A big chunk of the games on the 360 are on the PS3. I think there's enough crossover to say that if you like one console's library, there are pretty good odds you'll like the other's library as well.

With that in mind, I typically look at platform exclusive franchises and titles when it comes to console games (I find myself buying PC versions of the more hardware intensive games or those where mouse pointing improves game play).

But just from that standpoint, the PS3 has been worth every penny. Individual tastes vary. Stick with what you like and never assume everyone else feels the same.

Wish I could say the same for the 360, but considering that Gears 2 was literally the only "platform seller" for me this year, if it weren't for an abundance of fire sale HD-DVDs, it would have seen even less use than it already has. One weekend, I'm going to have to sit down and keep playing 360 games until I see an RRoD, but as it stands, it's pretty tough to wear out what isn't being used.

Of course, if I didn't have the PS3, it would have been a different story, but there is actually a downside to having too many platforms on hand.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
I didn't even know that the PS1 or PS2 "won" the console races. I just enjoyed the games. And I didn't know about E3 until E3 05 when they announced the PS3, and I first got G4.

I think it's easier to enjoy games when not worrying about sales.

and yet... you often seem to worry about them.

Worrying, isn't it?

Lord N said:

As a PS3 owner, a console's sales have nothing to do with my buying decisions or whether or not I enjoy the console, else I'd have never bought a Saturn or Dreamcast.

Bickering about whether the PS3 or 360 is in second or third place is in my opinion very petty and pathetic because no matter which one is ahead of the other, they will still be light years behind the Wii.

If sales are such a big concern, then both PS3 AND 360 owners should be bothered about the fact that their consoles are being annihilated in sales by the Wii.

I'm more bothered by the dearth of games on the Wii worth my admittedly divided gaming time.

The best hardware sales in the world really haven't done anything to change that, but after two years, this has become the reality for me personally.

So, big surprise: the Wii is not the perfect console for everyone.

And yes; there were a lot of people who immensely enjoyed the Dreamcast, despite becoming the Atari Jaguar of the 6th gen. If the favored platform was always the "winner" there'd only be one console every generation.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
I didn't even know that the PS1 or PS2 "won" the console races. I just enjoyed the games. And I didn't know about E3 until E3 05 when they announced the PS3, and I first got G4.

Worrying, isn't it?

Not really.  Kinda seems like the website and knowledge of sales has lowered your enjoyment... though it may be just as likely you are just enjoying them less for some other reason.

Or still enjoy the games as much and just have a bit of an unhealthy brand identification.

None of which really effects me.

Being in third means that you don't get the best games most of the time.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Worrying, isn't it?

Not really.  Kinda seems like the website and knowledge of sales has lowered your enjoyment... though it may be just as likely you are just enjoying them less for some other reason.

Or still enjoy the games as much and just have a bit of an unhealthy brand identification.

I think sales have lowered my enjoyment.

I tend to worry about sales when playing games.  I try not to, and usually succeed, but during a loading screen or something, I'll think about how much the game sold.  It's weird.

Probably because the low sales have direct influence over the games.

PS3 lost Monster Hunter, Tenchu and Dragon Quest along with most of the Square games, and it's bound to lose some other franchises as well.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Worrying, isn't it?

I think sales have lowered my enjoyment.

I tend to worry about sales when playing games.  I try not to, and usually succeed, but during a loading screen or something, I'll think about how much the game sold.  It's weird.

Ah that is sad.

For me it's the opposite.

I find the best games are more often then not the games that haven't sold well... while most of the ones that do sell are overhyped and underperforming.

So any good game that sells well is a bonus... and i'm very skeptical about successful games.

I'm bothered if the PS3 loses support.

I want a PS3. That is my contribution to the thread

www.jamesvandermemes.com