By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA uses Xbox 360 graphics to sell Wii game

Sephiroth357 said:
LOL. Should be fined.

Whats up with your sig?

EA will pay for this.

my sig: you didnt get the memo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

LOL i hope nobody bought the game for the Wii from that advertisement.

Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky

Comrade Tovya said:
Could it simply be that the type of games that EA makes is not the kind of game that the average Wii owner plays?

Wrong on this count.   Not only is Tiger Woods EA's best seller on Wii (now after Rockband), the Wii version of Tiger Woods is, by far, the best selling version of the game.

Well, maybe it just wise marketing. Wii version looks obviously too bad for television so why not show a better version.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Comrade Tovya said:
Could it simply be that the type of games that EA makes is not the kind of game that the average Wii owner plays?

Wrong on this count.   Not only is Tiger Woods EA's best seller on Wii (now after Rockband), the Wii version of Tiger Woods is, by far, the best selling version of the game.

I didn't say that Tiger Woods wasn't a big seller on the Wii, I said the "type of games EA makes", which is an overall general statement and not specific to a single title.

EA's most successful franchise is the Madden series.

Madden 09 has sold a respectable 460k units, but when compared to the 360s 1,555k and the PS3s 1,030k, it just doesn't fare as well for EA.

But then again, it's much easier to use the Wii as a golfing platform than it is to use the controllers for football...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Whatever, you do what you gotta do. Showing someone swing a wiimote isn't going to sell the game anymore, I guess.

windbane said:
Whatever, you do what you gotta do. Showing someone swing a wiimote isn't going to sell the game anymore, I guess.

I guess it's the same for shiny graphics:

10 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play Electronic Arts 4,784 0.00 0.51m 02nd Nov 08
11 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Electronic Arts 1,231 0.00 0.41m 07th Sep 08
12 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Electronic Arts 893 0.00 0.34m 21st Aug 08

Seems strange to me, why would EA do that?

My guess is that it just slipped through the cracks. The EA marketing guys are not necessarily savvy about games or the graphics associated with each console. Someone didn't cross their T's or dot their I's I think... just poor quality assurance.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya