By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Sales Double PS3 Sales as Sony Remains Blind to Reality

Diomedes1976 said:
The surge of the PS3 in others remain to be seen.Vgchartz numbers are ,after my point of view ,more due to MS chest beating than anything.

But MS hasnt said at any moment that they are doubling PS3 sales ,as vgchartz is putting in their charts .Only in UK.I would assume the other countries are pretty even or the PS3 is recovering the lead slowly.

I expect big adjustements coming in some months once the usual post christmas GFK numbers start to leak.

actually MS said about almost 125% increased sales on Late Nov , so far VG chartz inline with current MS announcement, actually i feels so far VGchartz are undertracked Xbox 360 number in others region, but overtracked ps3.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I thought we were out of the woods on all the PS3 hate, but leave it up to toasty to be two days late into the fray.

Took a little while for this to process Toasty?

you will keep on seeing hate and articles like this. next year we we will be seeing 360 is dead and if you look around you can find lots of those from earlier in the year. put it simple, these articles are rubbish and the people who wrote them dont know what the fuck they are on about. talking out of their asses.

well of course is selling less than the other consoles is the most expensive. i was surprised when i saw the ps3 outselling the 360 all this weeks of 2008 because the 360 was more cheap. if sony does a 100$ price cut that would turn the table and if we have learned something this gen is that everything can happen.

for me the ps3 is selling great right now because with all this obstacles: the global recession, being the most expensive console, the 360 price cut, the wii being so succesful and the bad media it could be much worse rigth now.

Diomedes1976 said:
The surge of the PS3 in others remain to be seen.Vgchartz numbers are ,after my point of view ,more due to MS chest beating than anything.

But MS hasnt said at any moment that they are doubling PS3 sales ,as vgchartz is putting in their charts .Only in UK.I would assume the other countries are pretty even or the PS3 is recovering the lead slowly.

I expect big adjustements coming in some months once the usual post christmas GFK numbers start to leak.

as usual...

So only the ps3 is undertracked yet again.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

dejelek said:

if you look on other forums, they still think others number are faked
just look at these N4g forums :

http://n4g.com/News-247101.aspx

maybe not 100% correct, but vgchartz getting better.

theres no point. outside of these forums people only lol at vgchartz no matter what.

Around the Network

Sure, just bring up another discrediting PS3 thread.

Ive seen that many now they dont bother me.

HAHA, u fools. How the fuk do u expect the PS3 not to be outsold. Looks like ur the one not living in reality.

360 is dirt cheap

AMERICA
PS3: $400, $500
360: $199, $250

UK
PS3: £300
360: £99, £160

and so on.............

The fact that the PS3 is outpacing the 360 where it was in its life time is an accompolishment itself, but lets ignore that fact and hate on the PS3.

LOL, but seriously, wait till PS3 gets down in price, then say that.

360 was selling just as much as the PS3 when 360 was $300-$400, then Microsoft made a $200 model and is selling 2x the PS3.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

@TKC-Muzzer

The difference between Microsoft and Sony is thus. Microsoft waited to reduce prices until the production costs justified the reduction. Sony was compelled to reduce prices in order to save their console. You cannot rationally assume that Microsoft is playing the same game as Sony. Microsoft is not cutting prices below production costs. That is why their price reductions were and have been long in coming.

Further more Microsoft of the two could actually afford to loss lead for an entire generation with little detriment. Not simply because Microsoft has money to burn. Microsoft invested heavily in secondary revenue streams. They have the Live service that has and will bring in billions of dollars. Microsoft focused on a demographic with a higher install base which also meant greater attach rates, and higher licensing fees.

I know that you want to believe that Microsoft is somehow losing for winning, but the reality is that Microsoft is winning for winning, and Sony is still losing for losing. To make matters worse Microsoft has a strategy that allows moves from strength to strength. The higher the install base is the more money rolls in. Unlike Sony Microsoft does better in the short term for selling more.

DMeisterJ said:
I thought we were out of the woods on all the PS3 hate, but leave it up to toasty to be two days late into the fray.

Took a little while for this to process Toasty?

it's not so much hate for the ps3 ,it's more hate for sony fanboys and there are very specific reasons for this .