By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bring Donkey Kong back!!!!!!! NOW

DaveD said:
pap64 said:
To be perfectly honest I LOVED the DKC games, especially part 2. It captured my imagination in the biggest way possible. But all of this talk about Rare should end. Yes, they made great games, but they are gone now. Its NINTENDO'S franchise now, meaning that they do whatever they want with it. Jungle Beat was a great game so I have hope that they can make great DK games once more.

Rare is gone. Accept it.

DK series (Pre Rare): Sub par at best

DK series (Rare): AWESOME
DK series (after rare): downhill, fast

That is why I wish Rare still had a huge influence, Nintendo apparently doesn't want it to succeed, even with DKC1, Shiggy didn't like it, so apparently he got his revenge on it after Rare was sold.

jungle beat is my favorite donkey kong game  and i thought dkc was kinda wack soo i am glad rare isn't workin on it any more

Around the Network
DaveD said:
pap64 said:
To be perfectly honest I LOVED the DKC games, especially part 2. It captured my imagination in the biggest way possible. But all of this talk about Rare should end. Yes, they made great games, but they are gone now. Its NINTENDO'S franchise now, meaning that they do whatever they want with it. Jungle Beat was a great game so I have hope that they can make great DK games once more.

Rare is gone. Accept it.

That is why I wish Rare still had a huge influence, Nintendo apparently doesn't want it to succeed, even with DKC1, Shiggy didn't like it, so apparently he got his revenge on it after Rare was sold.

Wow, I disagree so much with that, it's amazing.

Also, do you honestly think that someone in Nintendo doesn't want a Nintendo game to suceed? I really doubt that, and espescially from Shigeru Miyamoto.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
DaveD said:
pap64 said:

Rare is gone. Accept it.

Wow, I disagree so much with that, it's amazing.

Also, do you honestly think that someone in Nintendo doesn't want a Nintendo game to suceed? I really doubt that, and espescially from Shigeru Miyamoto.

Back in the early '90s, when DKC1 wasn't out yet, he thought the game was just a graphics whore game with no gameplay.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Shigeru was completely wrong. DKC was one of the greatest platformers of all time!

DKC2 is the best platformer ever, it's perfect.

zleep said:
Shigeru was completely wrong. DKC was one of the greatest platformers of all time!

DKC2 is the best platformer ever, it's perfect.

I know how he was wrong, it's just how looking back on it, he didn't like the game and it became a very great series XP

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)