By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 just got the one ring of death :_(

Euphoria14 said:
If all else fails you should still be covered under the 3 year warranty.

Not sure if you need to send the HDD with it though, I think it will end up getting wiped clean.

I'll call tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Around the Network

Have you tried the towel trick? That is a quick way of getting your XBox 360 to work again.

Dude it isn't a common 360 problem and it has nothing to do with heat issues. I had this same exact problem with my 360 this year. The only thing you can do is send it to MS. You can maybe fix it yourself, I have seen some online video's but I just sent my in. I'm going to warn you, b/c it is not the 3 Rings Of Death, THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE 3 YEAR PLAN. So if your system is out of warranty, you will have to pay $100 to get this fixed.

I paid and believe got a new 360 (jasper chips) it runs quieter than it used to and I almost never hear the system reading the disc.

Hope this helps.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Dont try the towel trick! Numonex that is a bad recommendation to give people. You should not mess with the hardware like that unless your completely desperate and have no other options.

E73: General Hardware Error: Ethernet port... this error is caused by a problem with the Ethernet port.

Source

You should have a read through the source page provide above. It shows you how to get a secondary error code from your 360 which could provide more information about your error.

I got my 360 EXACTLY one year ago (talk about timing...). For how long does the normal warranty run through?

Around the Network

I hope microsoft coves your console. It really does suck going for a month w/o though.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Called technical support. After registering my 360 I discovered it was still under warranty so the repair is free (though I have to pay shipping). I don't care if I have to wait, I am happy as long as my repair is free.

Thanks for the advice guys! :D

pap64 said:

I knew that sooner or later my 360 would kick the bucket. Its been a year since I got an Elite console. But today, I got one of the red flashing lights. When I turn on my 360, I get an error message in multiple languages and the code E73. I checked online and it seems the problem has to deal with the ethernet port. Apparently the problem is bad enough that it warrants being sent to MS... :(

In any case, what do I have do to? How do I contact MS? How do I participate in the free 360 deal? Do I need to send my console and the HD as well?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

You're the second person today, there was a sad panda before you his name is Smokedhostage. I hope everything works out in time for the holidays.

Keep your head up, good times are around the corner!

colonelstubbs said:
I thought you had to get all the rings red before giving your console to MS?

same

dogsforlife said:
colonelstubbs said:
I thought you had to get all the rings red before giving your console to MS?

same

Three Red Rings is the actual Ring of Death.  Both my Brother and Father got all four red rings, and that ment their Hard Drive went bad.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)