By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV To Follow Dragon Quest's Lead?

twesterm said:

Whoops, fixed >_>

Coo'.

I don't know. I think it depends on howw well Dragon Quest is received in the West on the Wii, and how strongly the JRPG avalanche favors Nintendo.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@Benga, lol hey man. :P PSP? uhmm what?

Agito is one of the (planned) 6 games in the FF13 series. And is on PSP.

Ah, yeah thats right, i keep on forgeting about that one, its so overlooked between regular XIII and versus thats why lol.

I have to be honest though, i have no idea.

But i didnt say its impossible, just really unlikely imo, im not following Trestres or anything that Square wont support the wii at all, but as far as the XIII games go, i just have a hunch the Wii most likely wont get any.

But if nintendos console does happen to snatch one of the XIII's thats great, because then they'll at least be one XIII title on every console/handheld for eveyone to enjoy. :)

sc94597 said:

@TBone They weren't announced yet, but here is a chart released by SE. http://www.finalfantasyxiii.us/2006/05/24/fabula-nova-crytallis-to-contain-6-titles/

So Square-enix has to develop 3 more spinoffs from FF13 until FF14 releases.

Tbone said:
sc94597 said:

@TBone They weren't announced yet, but here is a chart released by SE. http://www.finalfantasyxiii.us/2006/05/24/fabula-nova-crytallis-to-contain-6-titles/

So Square-enix has to develop 3 more spinoffs from FF13 until FF14 releases.

This is an assumption but I'm not sure it's true. They could start development of FF14 as soon as FF13 comes out, not waiting for the rest of the New Crystal Tale to come out.

Soriku said:
FF XIV won't be out this gen. They should follow up with KH3 :)

Lol, Kingdom Hearts 3... i really dont expect to see this one for a good long while.

Around the Network

how can some of you think we will only see 1 FF games? EVERY other gen has seen 3. I think we will see at least 2 FF games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
how can some of you think we will only see 1 FF games? EVERY other gen has seen 3. I think we will see at least 2 FF games.

Because between Regular and Versus XIII alone, there Both taking FOREVER and they started making them both around 2005.

well its 2008 and soon to be 2009, TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Square Enixs Fission Just got Mailed!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
bigjon said:

Because between Regular and Versus XIII alone, there Both taking FOREVER and they started making them both around 2005.

Final Fantasy XII launched right alongside the 360.

Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
bigjon said:

Final Fantasy XII launched right alongside the 360.

That was late 2005 right?

Sure was.