By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upcoming ports for the Wii.

*~Onna76~* said:
I didn't know Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 were going to hit the Wii as well? Awesome! I hope they'll do a port of Dance Dance Mario, while they're at it.

I'm lucky enough to have that (no dance pad yet though........so I'm playing DDR with a controller, lol). Konami and Nintendo could release DDR: Mario Mix 2, instead of just porting the first one. DDR already sells well on the wii, adding Mario and Nintendo tunes would only increase that.

Around the Network

Yeah, somehow, developers love to port over a crappy game to the Wii and call it a day.

But to be fair, many games on your list are not really ports:

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop
Kore
Baroque
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Death Jr Root of Evil
The Godfather
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Alien Syndrome
Far Cry Vengeance
Splinter Cell Double Agent

are not ports. Most of those games are just cross-platform or mostly having new content.

Chrizum said:
Yeah, somehow, developers love to port over a crappy game to the Wii and call it a day.

But to be fair, many games on your list are not really ports:

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop
Kore
Baroque
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Death Jr Root of Evil
The Godfather
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Alien Syndrome
Far Cry Vengeance
Splinter Cell Double Agent

are not ports. Most of those games are just cross-platform or mostly having new content.

What is a port anyway?

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop has assets from both Dead Rising and GC Resident Evil 4, new code and possibly new stuff added on.

Pikmin games, Metroid Prime games and the other Nintendo games comming from GC to Wii has updated graphics and new type of control.

Rygar: The Battle of Argus has at least slightly updated graphics and lots of updates outside of controls.

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition has the control improvements, but it ain't just about the new controls. The game works and act different for the new controls.

Then we also have all the other games with there own story.

Is it just about ports and remakes?

Is a game port for being started on one platform and coming out at the same time on all platform or behind on one of the platforms?

Does a game have to be finished a long time ago and being revived for a new platform to be called a port?

Is a game a port just because it looks and acts the same to a degree?