By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-Ray sales are off the charts! (Positive Sony News!)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL DVD killing another DVD. Pathetic. Holograms=next gen HD

Negative are we? Holograms would be nice, but its not possible not even in the next 3 to 5 years.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Garnett said:
Damstr8 said:
this is nice,its nice to read something positive about sony and blu ray for once. And yes,Blu ray is awesome.

Agreed...A-Fucking greed!

Lol Garnett, are you gonna keep on using God of War References untill you get a PS3? if sooo... dude.... AWESOME! :P

Well i gotta admit the PS3 is fucking sweet!

Just a matter of time before i get it,and enjoy the best games on PS3 :s

Mm, Mm yes... and if what i seen in God of War CoO is to be true... (Only god of war game i ever played lol) then Hi-Def Goddess Bewbs and Godly Rampaging and Godslaying in HD FTW!!!! FUCK YEAH!

sieanr said:
"According to Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray players rank at #1 for the most wanted electronic for this holiday season. "

So they are basing this partly off some consumer surveys. Where is the sales data to support this?

He said combined with sales data.

Here's some numbers: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2158

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Garnett said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Garnett said:
Damstr8 said:
this is nice,its nice to read something positive about sony and blu ray for once. And yes,Blu ray is awesome.

Agreed...A-Fucking greed!

Lol Garnett, are you gonna keep on using God of War References untill you get a PS3? if sooo... dude.... AWESOME! :P

Well i gotta admit the PS3 is fucking sweet!

Just a matter of time before i get it,and enjoy the best games on PS3 :s

Mm, Mm yes... and if what i seen in God of War CoO is to be true... (Only god of war game i ever played lol) then Hi-Def Goddess Bewbs and Godly Rampaging and Godslaying in HD FTW!!!! FUCK YEAH!

Speaking of that,did you see gameplay,i heard it was on VGA,was it on,or is it yet to come on?

Aj_habfan said:
sieanr said:
"According to Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray players rank at #1 for the most wanted electronic for this holiday season. "

So they are basing this partly off some consumer surveys. Where is the sales data to support this?

He said combined with sales data.

Here's some numbers: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2158

Ah thanks for the link man was looking for that.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL DVD killing another DVD. Pathetic. Holograms=next gen HD

I wouldn't expect any kind of new format to take hold within the next 10 years for a number of reasons.

1) Consumer Fatigue - Blu-Ray adoption is steady, but slower than many expected.  And the transition is not cheap.  Don't expect everyone to jump onboard some new format when the "current" one is still trying to get its own foothold.

2) Extra Space is not Particularly Needed - Theoretically they should be able to increase the number of layers on Blu-Rays to at least four (100 Gigs) and have every player out there be able to read them as long as the firmware is updated.  None of the older players should face any compatibility problems.

3) Human Eye is the Limiting Factor Now - We are at the point where the human eye is the limiting factor more than the technology.  Even the benefits of 1080i/p are only readily available once you are closer to the screen.  We can make the picture on movies look better (and to get a 100% faithful digital reproduction of a standard length movie you would need around 100 Gigs or more), but that doesn't mean we can tell the difference, or that people will have large enough screens that you could discern the difference.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@Garnett- I didnt get to see it lol.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@Garnett- I didnt get to see it lol.

Awww,i heard the graphcis were good,very good,i mean look what they did with the PS2,Made it look amazing...

^- true, we should hear ALOT more about it in 09 though, my guess would be as early as new years. because of that rumour going around.

yay! christmas will mark my first blue-ray! KUNG FU PANDA! until now I have just been renting, and renting blue-rays is awesome because no one else seems to rent them so I can always count on the one I want being at the video rental place lol :D

If at first you don't succeed, you fail