By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you be satisfied with curent HD graphics after PS4/x720 wil come?

Soo in hte future all game console graphics will be japanese androgenis emo definition.....I'm sorry gonna have to pass on the JAED consoles and just stick with my gold old fashioned SD and HD consoles.

Around the Network

I used FFXIIIv pics, because in it graphics looks more CG-like, then in main FFXIII.

My point was, that with PS3 already achieving CG-like quality in this gen, there is no big point in releasing new console in 2012, unless 1080p support and 60Fps + little more details(like in CG video of FFXIIIv).
But also, all this will consume more money for developement and more time for more details.
So in next 4-5 years developers will learn how to optimize PS3 games to 80-100%.
If in 2001 new xbox720 will come, i doubt MANY will run just for a little better graphics, when PS3 already will be showing HIGH quality graphics.
Time will show. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

heck i'm still satisfied with the gamecube graphics. i find myself playing quite a few gamecube games. And even on the wii vc channel playing 64 games a lot.

I have played hd games and graphics don't impress me on them, their just the same anyway. mass effect just seemed like any old kotor, or diabo 2. Sure it is better graphics you can see easy going back and playing. But whatever gen you are in, your mind makes hte games look better than they are. I mean i remember back when 64 came out and i thought how smooth and perfect everything looked. And now when i pop in i can see how polygon they look. But after a while it all looks fine.

The shooters i find boring so don't play too much, but graphics don't really make me like it mroe either, all i'm looking at is a small guy in the distance and moving my little circle with shitty sticks to his position, and having the game help me aim. (stupid aiming help on consoles)

^crazzzyman Millions of people ran for a shooting game called Crysis. If MS releases a console on Crysis level or above, people WILL buy it. The same was said last gen "ps2 is good enough." The new Xbox will sell in high numbers. We're humans, and we love new tech. This gen graphics are good, but there's still plenty of improvements that can be made. And as the new Xbox hits in three years ppl will go crazy(Fact.)

CrazzyMan said:
I used FFXIIIv pics, because in it graphics looks more CG-like, then in main FFXIII.

My point was, that with PS3 already achieving CG-like quality in this gen, there is no big point in releasing new console in 2012, unless 1080p support and 60Fps + little more details(like in CG video of FFXIIIv).
But also, all this will consume more money for developement and more time for more details.
So in next 4-5 years developers will learn how to optimize PS3 games to 80-100%.
If in 2001 new xbox720 will come, i doubt MANY will run just for a little better graphics, when PS3 already will be showing HIGH quality graphics.
Time will show. :)

Then when the PS4 sells even worse than the PS3 (assuming there will even be a PS4) you can take comfort in the fact that you have "teh aw3some l33t best graphics" in gaming just like you are now with the PS3.

Personally I haven't touched the Final Fantasy franchise since X considering all the FF talent that jumped ship after the Spirits Within fiasco and the resigning of the father of Final Fantasy (Sakaguchi was it?) from Square-Soft. And after the Enix buyout/merger even more Square staff left. And while I enjoyed FF8, I certainly didn't want to see it become the pretentious precursor of things to come in how Final Fantasy's emo-friendly art style is now carried out. Final Fantasy has become a sinking ship with less and less space to stand on the deck with only the most avid visual junkies and Sony faithful still vouching for the series questionable new direction and progressively diminishing quality in its products (And pa-lease! you only wish Crisis Core was in anyway the rule and not the exception).

The PS3 isn't the PS2 and Square-Enix sure as hell isn't Square-Soft, my sympathies for your expectations of FF13 being in anyway another FFX. Unless of course you're expecting people to stampede blindly into this game as was the case with FFX-2.