By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals for the DS will be launched Fall 2010 in NA!!!!

This is the single best news this year in gaming for me!!! Now I just need a PE release date and my rpg gamegasm can be complete

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Question

Is Children of Mana worth my time?

maxxpower said:

Question

Is Children of Mana worth my time?

Give me a couple of days and I'll answer you

I have it on my to play list, after I finish Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest Monsters. I may give it a try between them. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Maxxpower,if you like nice little action rpg with customisation in the form of gems, aand companion spirits , that can be summoned in dungeons and aid you with magic and can be changed in the village by talking to a girl named tess, you have the spirits of fire, wind,light,earth,dark,water,moon,wood,a quest service called Dud Services run by the Dudbears, by fitting gems into a frame,you get a lots of different affects like increased power ,atk variations, how many gems you fit in the frame depends on there size, and lots more if any of what was mentioned sounds ok go for it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45 The gameplay was great. I have always enjoyed the way Star Ocean games play (yes, even Star Ocean 3...well once you get past that slow ass beginning). I even enjoyed the overall story, just not the individual "bad" scripting moments......

I even liked the characters in SO4 (some of the time at least :) The voice acting was "meh" but I love Anime (I watch it all twice, once Sub'd and once Dub'd) and if I can live through some of those terrible dubs, this was nothing.

And yea dude, wtf were they thinking with Faze?  SERIOUSLY?  You talked to her once and you go batshit infuckingsane?  At least Edge blew up a fucking planet.

Around the Network

@Ssenkahdavic, i enjoyed Star ocean 3 as well , even though getting away from the resort seemed to take forever , i also enjoyed SO4 despite the faults.
When you set out to make quirky character(s) you should be careful that any looked for comedic affect might easily be lost and all you have left is an irritating character i don't know if it's a Japanese cultural thing although i don't think so after all star wars has jar jar binks in it and anime is full of endearing eccentrics.

@Darth, your secret has revealed its self, we now know who you really are , you gave it away in with your exquisite use of the word KAY.
You are .... Drum roll.. the voice behind LYMLE LEMURI PHI

@Lestat, Fall NA is there a date or just Fall, do you expect it to have a later release in PAL territories or world wide , I wan't to play lufia 1 & 2 before it comes out can you reccomend a good emulator and a place to download both games.

@mjk45: I sent you a PM with that info. let me know.

@Ssencahdavic ,thanks dude