By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your December 31st 2009 PS3-360 Gap Predictions

It is interesting reading other peoples predictions because it reminds me a lot of the past 2 years where every year the console was out is was meant to beat the 360. As i said i just think the 360 will be hitting next year in full momentum so it is a case of what happens in january,february and march. I can see PS3 sales dropping at least 70% in that time and the 360 dropping at least 40%%. The question then becomes what will the sales be in that period? If the 360 outsells the PS3 100k each week that gives the 360 a 1.2m lead over the PS3 by march. Add to that whatever it will be at in the 4 weeks of december could mean by march the gap is 9m. Realisticly that is more likely what will happen. Can the PS3 then go on to sell an additional 7m or so next year when it has sold 9m this year? That is near 100% increase. In the current financial climate? Personally i think that is in the realms of fantasy and simply wont happen. If Sony do cut the PS3 they lose even more money so i cant see it happening until holidays 09.

Around the Network

11.5 million lead for the 360.

leo-j said:
If there is a ps3 price cut by $100 OR MORE

gap will be less than 5 million

Agreed

Play Me

Look at my sig, I was wrong this year. :(

By end of 09?????????????

12 mill :)

No M$ behave and dont make me look stupid by killing Sony all over again.

10 million, maybe more if the 360 does another price cut to counter Sony

Around the Network

10 million in the 360's favor.