By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamecube CMAS Years 2 and 3 in NA (Compared to PS3)

The PS3 will pass Cube LTD sales by early next year. Software sales and third party support are much better on the PS3 than they were on the Cube. If the PS3 does end in third it will probably still sell more than any second place system in any previous generation. It's a quite laughable comparison really.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Meh, better put in a bit more.

GC is really easy to compare to Ps3. Why? Well, about equal 2006 (2001 for Cube) and late Europe launch (albeit 1.5 months later for GC).

So.

2001/2006 (year 0)

GC: 2405K

Ps3: 1367K

2002/2007 (year 1)

GC: 3604K

Ps3: 4126K

2003/2008 (year 2, but only up untill 1 week into December).

GC: 2831K

Ps3: 4210K

Normally I'd leave a comment, but I believe the numbers speak for themselves here.

take europe out and it is much more interesting. The Wii is Nintendo's first home console to even do decent in Europe (let alone be the runaway success the Wii is)

example- the PS3 passed the cubes ltd in Others like 9 months ago.

Why would that prove anything? The Cube did decent enough in NA.

Anyway, sure.

2001/2006 (year 0)

GC: 2405K

Ps3: 1367K

2002/2007 (year 1)

GC: 3604K

Ps3: 4126K

2003/2008 (year 2, but only up untill 1 week into December).

GC: 2831K

Ps3: 4210K

Cube started out slightly better than Ps3.

Cube stops up a bit, and Ps3 increases a fair amount.

Cube stops a tiny bit more, Ps3 increases even more.

... Wanna guess what happens next year?  

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

third year was by far cubes best year. It evens out after year 3, the cube died after year 3. But I expect the PS3 to only strenghten.

But for now, the cube and PS3 are in the same area(except for others)

Oh, ya. the reason I expect the PS3 to strenghen, when the cube fell of the end of the earth is because the reason the cube did so well was its priced dropped to just $99 bucks. When the PS3 gets its price to about 250, it will do REALLY well, and even 299, could work wonders.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The GC was a flop in JP and EU, but it did pretty well in NA.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

CrazzyMan said:
Well, this is CRISIS, nothing special here.
PS3 would do MUCH better, IF not crisis. =)
PS3 FTW! :)

Is this your generic i have nothing worth saying but ill spam anyway message ? I see it in every post of yours.

Around the Network

hey i have a better question, where was the 360 in this point of its life cycle?

GTAIV08 said:
hey i have a better question, where was the 360 in this point of its life cycle?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=GC&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&weeks=120

Somwhere in the dizzy heights.