By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii: 4 million units in December 2008!?

Obviously the demand is there. But Nintendo has said 50% more stock than last year, and then posted 100% growth in November. So something has to give.

Not to say that sales will go down in December... No one plans to sell more in November than December... But unless Nintendo, every major retailler, and anyone else along the supply chain who might stockpile, were all stockpiling with the intent of doing 2x November in December, there won't be 4m units to stock.

So to me, the first question is whether it can reach 3m... And anything on top of that is gravy. 3.25m or 3.5m would be absolutely stunning...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

I still wonder how big Nintendo's production boost was, and if they will ever reveal this terrible secret to us.

Four mill is possible if they do what they did last year, which was to pre-sell (with vouchers) January stock into December.

well I think 4 million in all of NA for sure. Maybe just us? Hmmm, supply wont be there. 3.6 or so.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

So guys what if people still can't find Wii's this christmas.

V_V

I'm thinking 2009 may be the killer christmas season for Wii's.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

The Wii fad will end in March of 09.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

I think you mean February.

Killzone 2 will kill the Wii!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
appolose said:
bigjon said:

lol! 

No one go to MS Paint and make a GTAIV-esque 'Wii-is-doomed' graph for that please.  Thanks.

Kenology said:
appolose said:
bigjon said:

lol! 

No one go to MS Paint and make a GTAIV-esque 'Wii-is-doomed' graph for that please.  Thanks.

Could we change the tital of an old one?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I don't think the Wii will break the PS2's record to be honest. 2.6 million is my guess.