By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why dont you put Homebrew Channel on your Wii?

KylieDog said:
I noticed no mention of piracy, main use of homebrew.

Well speaking of that stuff on VGC can get the thread locked/ban. So I thought it be best to avoid.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
Valkyria00 said:
noname2200 said:
But I don't speak a lick of Japanese (assuming "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto" doesn't count).

Yea bus still.XD

Im just messing with you. Though with HBC your release date is EU release date.;P

@Aiemond
Theres other things you can do too. I just mentioned my reasons. Dont understand why you wouldnt wanna import early games though. I also cant read Japanese doesnt stop me from playing them.

Because I don't find it fun having to look up/print out a walkthrough to see what the characters are saying. With fighting games, I can understand, but with RPGs, I could not do it. I waited for mother 3 to get translated before I played it, and I am a BIIIG Mother fan.

Im playing Soul Eater with none of that stuff.......Im doing fine so far. And yea I'll mainly import fighting/anime games from Japan.

Bricking, laziness, and cheating nancy-boys are good reasons. I'd also add that storage is a precious, precious commodity on my Wii.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Bricking, laziness, and cheating nancy-boys are good reasons. I'd also add that storage is a precious, precious commodity on my Wii.

Everything is stored on SD not Wii system memory. They also support SDHC SD cards. As for cheating I dont get it....

RolStoppable said:
Valkyria00 said:
RolStoppable said:
Aren't there any problems with system updates and thus access to the Wii Shop Channel?

System updates do disable HBC but you simply have to turn of WC24 or not accept the updaters.

As for the Wii Shop Channel they always release patches/fixes so you can get all the latest updates without having to update your system. Im still able to shop/download games of the Shop Channel. Even the Mii channel has work arounds.

Sounds like way too many problems for negligible gains.

Rol has summed up my entire attitude, here.

Around the Network

Is too complicated, there's the fear of damaging and I want to keep my console as legal as possible.

Oh yeah, righ, thanks to that the Mario Kart online matched became a cheap fest...

...so thanks but no.

Funny. Guys just because you have HBC doesnt mean you have to also cheat...

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is pretty much the only game I would import

As much as I would love to play that...

how do you put it on the wii?

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815