By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Responds To NPD Results

LOL. Whoa boys. I guess it is a bad thing that the 360 had the most software sales out of the top 10.

"say what? you got to be kidding me, the only thing it proves is that they only have a extremly few games that sell while the rest do not."

LOL.  You cannot be reffering to anything else but the Wii.

Around the Network
Naum said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
whatever said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:
My favorite part is where they say they continue to dominate the top ten spots with 3 while Wii has 5 haha. Oh and how it also says it sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. Haha if only Nintendo did comparisons. Just love PR... they are fun.

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

That's pretty pathetic for the 360 considering that its second largest exclusive just released.  Face it, the 360 and PS3 will continue to be thrashed by the Wii for the remainder of this generation.

Hey, it's outselling in software sales a console with a bigger userbase. There's no way to spin it negatively...

say what? you got to be kidding me, the only thing it proves is that they only have a extremly few games that sell while the rest do not.

How do you know? VGChartz data on software sales is sketchy at best and NPD doesn't provide broader numbers to the public.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Naum said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
whatever said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:
My favorite part is where they say they continue to dominate the top ten spots with 3 while Wii has 5 haha. Oh and how it also says it sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. Haha if only Nintendo did comparisons. Just love PR... they are fun.

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

That's pretty pathetic for the 360 considering that its second largest exclusive just released.  Face it, the 360 and PS3 will continue to be thrashed by the Wii for the remainder of this generation.

Hey, it's outselling in software sales a console with a bigger userbase. There's no way to spin it negatively...

say what? you got to be kidding me, the only thing it proves is that they only have a extremly few games that sell while the rest do not.

And this isn't true of Wii too? In fact it is only true of Wii, since its chart toppers are the same every week where as 360 gets new games up there all the time.

I don't really understand what the debate is really about... everyone has known that the 360 sells the most 3rd party titles. Why is this such a shocker?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
I don't really understand what the debate is really about... everyone has known that the 360 sells the most 3rd party titles. Why is this such a shocker?

Ehrm, the Alpha Males are debating what "dominate" means.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network

Great news guess Billy G will be happy with MS widening its lead over PS3.

Great news guess Billy G will be happy with MS widening its lead over PS3.

Comrade Tovya said:

Actually, no it doesn't, it has the highest number of 3rd party sales over the life of the console in the USA

But I do not believe it sells the most 3rd party titles each month worldwide

scottie said:
Comrade Tovya said:

Actually, no it doesn't, it has the highest number of 3rd party sales over the life of the console in the USA

But I do not believe it sells the most 3rd party titles each month worldwide

Too bad you would be wrong. If you are not blind you will see that the top titles on Wii EVERY week are Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, MKWii. These are all first party and have been out forever.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

hotrodx said:
Comrade Tovya said:

Ehrm, the Alpha Males are debating what "dominate" means.

Ah, I see...

I just think it's funny the things people debate about when it comes to gaming consoles. 

The fact is:

Nintendo has won this generation in regards to profits & console sales.  No argument to be had.

Microsoft is the 3rd party software mecca.  No argument to be had.

PS3 is in last place, but certainly has the opportunity to finish strong (even if they remain in last place).  No argument to be had.

I'm pretty sure the article presented here is factual, so I don't see what the debate is about.  Just enjoy your console regardless of which one you own (or all of them in my case).  If MS does a PR blitz proclaiming domination of the 3rd party world, does that somehow make your Wii or PS3 a worse gaming machine?  Uh, I'd think not.

Hell, the Dreamcast is got its butt kicked, but it still has a fanbase.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya