By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to help advertise DQ in west?

Khuutra said:
Oh God

What if there's a cartoon

There was a cartoon.... well it was not exactly the same but related to the series, Dai no Daibouken (Las Aventuras de Fly in Spanish and Latin America), the music and some monsters there are similar to Dragon Warrior and Dragon Quest games.

Part of the story in Wikipedia:

"The story, roughly written at the beginning, starts with a young kid named Dai remembering a story told to him by his adoptive grandfather, the monster magician Brass, about the defeat of the Demon King Hadlar by the hands of a hero who, as the story progresses, is known to be Avan (with whom he would train shortly afterwards), granting all kingdoms a season of peace that would last for 10 years.

After the defeat of the Demon King Hadlar, all of the monsters were unleashed from his evil will and peace reigned supreme around the world once again. Some of those monsters and demons, freed now from Hadlar's command, moved to the island of Delmurin to live in peace. Dai, the young protagonist of the series, is the only human living on the island. Having been raised by the kindly monster magician Brass and with his best friend Gome (a play of words for "Golden Metal Slime"), Dai grows up to dream of becoming a hero, even despite the efforts of Brass to train him -without success- into the ways of a magician.

Some events would happen on this island which would strengthen Dai's dream of becoming a true hero. One of these events is the visit of some false heroes who wanted to kidnap Gome for riches and wealth, while another is the visit of the princess of Papnika, Leona, who had to finish a ritual in Delmurin to become a true heiress to the throne. Albeit these events would strengthen and develop the character of Dai into a hero, the true story begins when a very special person arrived at the island to meet with Dai: Avan, instructor of heroes, who by Leona's request, came to the island to teach Dai the ways of a true hero.

Alongside Avan came a young apprentice by the name of Pop, who in time would become Dai's best friend and a magnificent magician, growing up from being a cowardly companion to a brave, young ally. Avan offered Dai a full week training which, due to its difficulty, would create a hero out of him. Dai, with no doubt in his heart, accepted happily to undergo the hardships of such training which involved, asides of magic and tactical combat, the secret sword techniques of Avan: "Cleave The Earth", "Cleave The Sea", "Cleave The Sky" (also known as Earth, Wave, and Sky Slash respectively) and the most powerful of them all which needed the knowledge of the previous ones, "Avan's Strash", which was known to be able to cut everything in its path.

In the middle of such hard training and just having learned the second of the three main cleave techniques, Dai, Pop and Avan were confronted by the Demon King Hadlar, who was supposedly dead. Arrogant as he always was, Hadlar announced to Avan that he worked for an even more powerful King who resurrected him: The Great Demon King Vearn. Avan, weakened by the spells he used to help Dai on his training, confronted Hadlar without success and, to protect his students and get rid of Hadlar at the same time, sacrificed himself with the help of a spell which required no magical power but a person's own life force to be cast called "Megante" (Sacrifice). Sadly, the spell couldn't finish off the Demon King and left Dai, Pop, Brass and Gome to fend for their lives alone.

As Hadlar proceeded to get rid of Avan's disciples, Dai awakened a hidden power within himself which is represented by a strange marking on his forehead (which he used previously on Leona's visit to Delmurin and which is known as the symbol of the Dragon Knight), nearly defeating Hadlar and making the latter flee for his life. Dai, however, decides to leave the island with Pop to defeat Hadlar and his master, The Great Demon King Vearn, avenging Avan and bringing back the peace which now was lost to the world."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if that cartoon was transmited in USA, but it was here in Mexico and was very popular. Unfortunately it was incomplete (only 46 episodes) but was extremely awesome!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
I'm not actually being argumentative

Caustic overzealousness is how I express enthusiasm for an idea, and it is generally good-natured agreement when I end an "argument" that doesn't adress the other person with "I rest my case, sir".

But this is a place where we can't see your enthusiasm just from words alone. Try spicing it up with emoticons.

I'm serious. It can save a lot of needless arguments.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:
I'm not actually being argumentative

Caustic overzealousness is how I express enthusiasm for an idea, and it is generally good-natured agreement when I end an "argument" that doesn't adress the other person with "I rest my case, sir".

But this is a place where we can't see your enthusiasm just from words alone. Try spicing it up with emoticons.

I'm serious. It can save a lot of needless arguments.

Oh but I hate them so. Can't I just exaggerate my behavior more?

@Soma: That... is very cool, actually. Hm! I did not know that.

I've never heard of it being aired in the states, though.

I think it wasn't, too bad because it was really great. Could had been greater than Dragon Ball for sure.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069