By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks FFXIV will come to wii?

FFXIV won't be released this gen so ... no. I think this will be a ps4/720 game, but it's way too early to talk about that. Or maybe a ps3 exclusive if this console has increased its user base in 5-6 years.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Why do people think Final Fantasy is about graphics, all of a sudden? It never has been. It never was. It's traditionally been on the least powerful system in every generation except for this one.

Square follows money.

Really why don't you list the main FF on the 32 bit era and up that didn't have impressive graphics for their time... FF7 and 10 set standards and 8 and 12 pushed it even further... the Final Fantasy games have always been among the best looking RPGs on any console they are on even 6 was a looker on the SNES

All depends on how FFXIII does on the HD consoles. I think XIV will remain on HD consoles but KH3 is another story......

I don't think there will be a FFXIV this gen. Next gen, it will go to the Wii 2.

Cueil said:
Khuutra said:
Why do people think Final Fantasy is about graphics, all of a sudden? It never has been. It never was. It's traditionally been on the least powerful system in every generation except for this one.

Square follows money.

Really why don't you list the main FF on the 32 bit era and up that didn't have impressive graphics for their time... FF7 and 10 set standards and 8 and 12 pushed it even further... the Final Fantasy games have always been among the best looking RPGs on any console they are on even 6 was a looker on the SNES

See bolded.

Being impressive-looking on the least powerful hardware is still being on the least powerful hardware. Budget means that they're going to look good for the hardware. That does not mean that Final Fantasy is about technology.

And Final Fantasy 7 out of combat was pretty hideous

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

right...

Anyway, I doubt it. A huge part of the Final Fantasy main series is the graphics and presentation.

No, Actually your statement is not true. The PSX and PS2 were the under powered systems of their time. If graphics and presentation was so great then why not make the Final Fantasy X through XII for the Gamecube or Xbox, they were more powerful than the PS2. Therefore the Wii has just as much of a chance as any of the other platforms.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I have to agree with the game going on Wii 2, now that sounds very very likely. However I think XIV will make it to PS3/360 as SE are used to the hardware now so will not take as long as FFXIII to make. FF 15 on Wii 2, you heard it here first!

I can't believe this is going to be the first generation since the beginning of the series without three proper Final Fantasies.

Unless it's a lot longer than we previously thought.

Khuutra said:
Cueil said:
Khuutra said:

Square follows money.

See bolded.

Being impressive-looking on the least powerful hardware is still being on the least powerful hardware. Budget means that they're going to look good for the hardware. That does not mean that Final Fantasy is about technology.

And Final Fantasy 7 out of combat was pretty hideous

The diffrence isn't as great as it was before and FF 10 has already started on the system long before the other two came out(and no one knew how well or how long Microsoft would stay in the buisness)... as for the N64... well nintendo screwed themselves with carts.  And while more powerful wasn't that much better than the PS1...

You're not exactly making a good argument here. At no point have you suggested that Square does anything except follow the money, even if that means releasing on weaker hardware.