By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Cage: ICO dev has "a sense of poetry"

OK, OK, you convinced me, I'll try to get it :D
More and more I see my PS2 games colection is pretty incomplete :( I've yet to buy GoW and DMC series... damn, hope there is money left to the PS3.

Around the Network

Can we please stop propagating the whole "LBP=sales failure" bullshit. The game has already sold a million copies in just a month, more than ICO and SotC combined. How many million sellers can you point out on PS3? Please Stop! [/rant]

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
Can we please stop propagating the whole "LBP=sales failure" bullshit. The game has already sold a million copies in just a month, more than ICO and SotC combined. How many million sellers can you point out on PS3? Please Stop! [/rant]

...Man

What

Nevermind the fact that even if LBP is brought up in the article that no one has mentioned it here, I'm pretty sure Shadow of the Colossus broke a million units all told.

jman8 said:

LBP is in no way a sales failure. Anyone who says that is an idiot. However, I do believe that the sales are disappointing. Sackboy was named Sony's new mascot. They put up mammoth posters of LBP. The television ads were and still are in full swing. Predictions flew around that 5+ million copies of this game were going to be sold. Now it seems as if it will struggle to hit 3 million. It just seems that all the effort that Sony put in to hyping this game went unnoticed so far.

@khuutra - I have no idea about the sales figures, but if Shadow didn't break a million I will shoot myself.

Around the Network
jman8 said:

God, that was completely out of topic.

haxxiy said:
jman8 said:

God, that was completely out of topic.

He said it because there's a quote in the article saying that LBPs sales were disappointing or something like that...

Yes, but wasn't someone on the thread who said that.

Yeah, I know. I guess that line just really bugged him..

Ico....Watched my sister playing it...Never played tho.
Shadow of colossus...Awesome!

Take my love, take my land..