By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Goodbye RRoD...Hello Jasper!

As you know,the Jasper models are on the market. Look at a 360 box and find the 150W magic number.

More details about what you get with a Jasper on  http://anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472 and finally start sleeping better at night,you will not get the RRoD anymore.

After 3 years...good job MS,this Xmass will be good for the 360 fans.

Around the Network

i'll believe it when I see it working.

Cobretti2 said:

I`m sure you have read carefully the entire article and noticed that not many are saying that their Falcon rrod`ed on them. Jasper makes much less heat on the GPU than Falcon,so there you go...a reliable product after 3 years. It`s disturbing,I know...many have prayed that this day will not come,but unfortunately...It did.

Stan85 said:
Cobretti2 said:

I`m sure you have read carefully the entire article and noticed that not many are saying that their Falcon rrod`ed on them. Jasper makes much less heat on the GPU than Falcon,so there you go...a reliable product after 3 years. It`s disturbing,I know...many have prayed that this day will not come,but unfortunately...It did.

I did read it, yes I agree that there is a good chance due to less heat, however microsoft have a tendancy to stuff things up whilst fixing other things. So for now I would like to see it working rather then some review on the hardware saying it does.

Took long enough, although we'll need more proof first.

Around the Network

And i am closer to buying a 360.

Yea well its a pickle isnt it. Do i buy the xbox that is clearly going to run 2nd this gen in order to play bigger games or the PS3.

Im gonna wait but i still don't want to buy that xbox, damn thing keeps breaking.

When you hear the numerous cases of 4 or 5 RROD's it tends to affect your perception of reliabilty.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Oh god, mine wont be a jasper, will it rrod!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It's been disassembled by Ben Heck... it looks like they aren't taking any risks, it sports the same radiator/extended heatpipe/fan combo the falcon used.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

How can you tell if the model in the box is a Jasper? Where does the 150w show? In the serial number?