By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves to use 100% of PS3's power?

PSUNews: "According to the latest issue of Game Informer, Naughty Dog has stated that they hope to utilize nearly 100 percent of the PlayStation 3’s power for adventure sequel, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, where as its predecessor used only 30-40 percent.

For those of you without a Game Informer subscription, we have some of the highlights of the cover story listed below.

- Uncharted 2: Among Theives will feature a new girl named Chloe Frazer. When Game Informer asked about Elena and Sully's return but Naughty Dog had no comment.
- Naughty Dog states they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.
- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
- Melee combat is more dynamic now.
- Stealth will be a new gameplay mechanic
- Nolan North will be back to reprise his role as Nathan Drake, while Chloe Frazer will be portrayed by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
- There are no load screens.
- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson.
- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).
- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

Be sure to pick up the new Game Informer as it becomes available in stores for the first in-game screenshots of Uncharted 2 as well. Otherwise, stay tuned to PSU.com for more details."

Opinions anyone?

Around the Network

PS3 already maxed out during third year with UnCharted 2?

numonex said:
PS3 already maxed out during third year with UnCharted 2?

Obviously

On topic, I can't wait, I want Uncharted 2 NOW!

These articles are terribly misleading. Those percentages we see all the time (30% Uncharted, 60% KZ2 etc) only refer to the percentage of CPU cycles which are being used. The PS3 is much more than the CPU, it has RAM, GPU, etc. However, they don't publish the figures on how much the GPU is being used for example (it's very likely more of a bottleneck than the Cell).

If they said "Uncharted to use 100% of the Cell's power", it would be much more correct.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
These articles are terribly misleading. Those percentages we see all the time (30% Uncharted, 60% KZ2 etc) only refer to the percentage of CPU cycles which are being used. The PS3 is much more than the CPU, it has RAM, GPU, etc. However, they don't publish the figures on how much the GPU is being used for example (it's very likely more of a bottleneck than the Cell).

If they said "Uncharted to use 100% of the Cell's power", it would be much more correct.

I hate to say it, but i agree 100% NJ5, but i only did the ol' copy and paste thing so yeah...

Thats what the title should have been but meh, imo i disagree uncharted will take 100% of the PS3's power, maybe the Cell yes but not overall. +2

Around the Network

Thats it then, after uncharted 2 its time to sell the PS3 as it is not going to get any better . Epic said last month the 360 had hit 100% and all the Sony fanboys said it had nothing left. Atleast it took 3 years to max out, and the PS3 max'ed out in just over 2 years. Looks like this is the end of the PS3 then

If uncharted 2 runs in 1080p, i will bust a nut in my pants and run into a wall. and post a naked pic of myself for vgchartz, hopefully nobody quotes me lol

Zomg..
Awesome.

Take my love, take my land..

jerseyboy609 said:
If uncharted 2 runs in 1080p, i will bust a nut in my pants and run into a wall. and post a naked pic of myself for vgchartz, hopefully nobody quotes me lol

Consider yourself Quoted! :P

That would be interesting, they would need to add in a lot of additional systems.

However it won't max out the PS3, like when it was claimed for Gears of War for the 360. There are endless opportunities for optimisations, much more so than was the case for the 360.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales