By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

If you throw in the dreamcast ones, you have to put in Ps2. That's not a good idea, as it strengthens Sony A LOT.

I'm not saying Sega hasn't made any good games, heck - I prefer many of their 3rd and 4th gen games to Nintendo's (meaning some of their games were the best in the genre).

My point is, Sony matched them, or came darn close to doing so, in the 5th gen. Saying that the only reason Sony won 5th gen was moneyhatting is simply wrong.

Bottom line______________ is this.......................

Sega made hundreds of classic games for the megadrive

20+ Classic games for Saturn

And 20+ classic games for the Dreamcast, like my sig says below

Sega 1st party OWNS sony 1st and 2nd party.

You do understand that you can't compare 4 generations of games to 2, right? SEGA has made more good games than Sony lifetime, but this discussion is (or at least was untill you put in Dreamcast) about 5th gen, in which you claim Sony stole the HW plans for N64, moneyhatted, and had almost no good 1st party games.

I thought we went over this, Sony only a made a handful of games for the ps1 and some of them you mentioned were not even made by sony, they were just the publisher *cough* lemmings ect

Sega made all the games i mentioned and the bottom line is that they are head and shoulders above sony in terms of making games and gaming legacy.

Around the Network
DTG said:
ps3 is selling the same as ps2 did in this point in its lifetime. ps2 now = 140 million. Do the math.

This is just ridiculous.

The Ps3 is selling NOWHERE near the Ps2 did, and not even close to the Psx.

But to put it into another perspective.

Wii is selling at ~ twice the speed of Ps3.

You claim that Ps3 will equal 140M, at least 100M of which in western homes. 

So Wii will definately sell 250M. 200M of which in western homes.

Now, when I tell you that west Europe + Americas (North) equal 700M people, and a family averages a little less than 3.5 people, this means that the Wii will have to sell to as good as every single house in the western world.

Your logic is flawed.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
selnor said:
RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

This is a very dillusional post. PS brand actually means very little now here in UK. Only this morning on BBc Radio 1 with Chris Moyles they were massively bigging up 360 and the Live service asking people for them to send in their Gamertags. And after about 10 mins some guest they had said, "yeah and Resistance 2 on PS3 is pretty good". Moyles and staff reacted " What? PS3, no they're rubbish. Stop talking now Michael"

4 years ago it was PS2 this and PS2 that. Here PS brand means nothing.

Funny coming from someone whos bias towards the 360, i wouldnt mind hearing the opinion of someone of a fair status talk about how the PS3 & 360 is doing in the UK, hmm do you know anyone on VG like that sel?

I'm in the UK and its true, 360 is more mainstream than ps3 now, 360 is well over a million ahead of ps3 and that aint gonna change anytime soon (if ever)

Oyvoyvoyv said:
DTG said:
ps3 is selling the same as ps2 did in this point in its lifetime. ps2 now = 140 million. Do the math.

This is just ridiculous.

The Ps3 is selling NOWHERE near the Ps2 did, and not even close to the Psx.

But to put it into another perspective.

Wii is selling at ~ twice the speed of Ps3.

You claim that Ps3 will equal 140M, at least 100M of which in western homes. 

So Wii will definately sell 250M. 200M of which in western homes.

Now, when I tell you that west Europe + Americas (North) equal 700M people, and a family averages a little less than 3.5 people, this means that the Wii will have to sell to as good as every single house in the western world.

Your logic is flawed.

Check the hardware chart on this very site. ps2 ans ps3 are neck and neck aligned for launch.

Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

If you throw in the dreamcast ones, you have to put in Ps2. That's not a good idea, as it strengthens Sony A LOT.

I'm not saying Sega hasn't made any good games, heck - I prefer many of their 3rd and 4th gen games to Nintendo's (meaning some of their games were the best in the genre).

My point is, Sony matched them, or came darn close to doing so, in the 5th gen. Saying that the only reason Sony won 5th gen was moneyhatting is simply wrong.

You do understand that you can't compare 4 generations of games to 2, right? SEGA has made more good games than Sony lifetime, but this discussion is (or at least was untill you put in Dreamcast) about 5th gen, in which you claim Sony stole the HW plans for N64, moneyhatted, and had almost no good 1st party games.

I thought we went over this, Sony only a made a handful of games for the ps1 and some of them you mentioned were not even made by sony, they were just the publisher *cough* lemmings ect

Sega made all the games i mentioned and the bottom line is that they are head and shoulders above sony in terms of making games and gaming legacy.

... Isn't that what you started with saying?

Obviously this is going nowhere. Before this turns into me being a Sega hater and you being a Sony hater, let's just quit. I hate to say this, but we'll have to agree to disagree. It seems like you're not even noticing the games I put up, and as my opinion hasn't changed a bit either (its actually more in favour of Sony now), we are never going to agree.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
selnor said:
RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

This is a very dillusional post. PS brand actually means very little now here in UK. Only this morning on BBc Radio 1 with Chris Moyles they were massively bigging up 360 and the Live service asking people for them to send in their Gamertags. And after about 10 mins some guest they had said, "yeah and Resistance 2 on PS3 is pretty good". Moyles and staff reacted " What? PS3, no they're rubbish. Stop talking now Michael"

Funny coming from someone whos bias towards the 360, i wouldnt mind hearing the opinion of someone of a fair status talk about how the PS3 & 360 is doing in the UK, hmm do you know anyone on VG like that sel?

I'm in the UK and its true, 360 is more mainstream than ps3 now, 360 is well over a million ahead of ps3 and that aint gonna change anytime soon (if ever)

I am in the UK and everyone wants a PS3 and Wii, at my local game there stock for 360 is tiny compared to PS3, Wii and DS, I am in Knightsbridge BTW.

Edit - Holy F*** you have some serious hate for Sony :O

Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
selnor said:
RPG said:

Hmm...fair enough...but can i really trust your opinion since you have a burning hatred of a passion for sony? ...

... Eh, i'll take it better then sels opinion at any rate. n_n

RPG said:
selnor said:
RPG said:

Right so some dude on BBC Radio liking the 360 means the PS brand is dead? Now THAT is extremely dillusional, my friends all know of the PS brand and dont care for the 360. Maybe it's because I am in an area in London where generally everyone is well off and can buy the best of the best. Of course there are many chavs in the UK so thats where all the 360 sales are coming from. ;)

That didn't sound conceited or pompus at all...

On topic; in the near future, the gap will hit 8 Million+, before the PS3 gets its rumored price cut in March of next year.  After that, it will recede again until E3, coming back down to ~7 million or so.  E3's announcements (and other game announcements/releases) will determine who wins the fall and holiday '09. 

Based on pure speculation and rumour, I'll guess Microsoft will have more tricks up their sleeves and announcements than Sony will next year, and will take the second Xmas in a row (and set an unprecedented 4th year of sales increase for a console).  Overall though, the 360 will never gain a lead of 10million or more.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

... Isn't that what you started with saying?

Obviously this is going nowhere. Before this turns into me being a Sega hater and you being a Sony hater, let's just quit. I hate to say this, but we'll have to agree to disagree. It seems like you're not even noticing the games I put up, and as my opinion hasn't changed a bit either (its actually more in favour of Sony now), we are never going to agree.

Before?

I have been a proud Sony HATER for 14 years now

Theres nothing that anybody can say or do to change that

Sega, Nintendo and Capcom OWN Sony in the games department.

The UK is irrelevant, its considered more to be the us's lapdog than a part of Europe and Europes tastes largely differ from that of UK's. PS brand dominates europe and tat wont change for a long time.