By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

Crash bandicoot? Was he ever any good? I think not.......... as i said they showed us nothing in the development department for 5 years, sure, their hardware was good after ken "thief" kutaragi stole hardware ideas from Nintendo during his time there but the fact remains they showed me nothing for 5 years and got by purely on the strength of the 3rd party games they moneyhatted.

Whatever next? is someone going to say that battle arena toshinden was "good"?

Around the Network

with current trend, it will even bigger gap end of this month

Ronster316 said:

Crash bandicoot? Was he ever any good? I think not.......... as i said they showed us nothing in the development department for 5 years, sure, their hardware was good after ken "thief" kutaragi stole hardware ideas from Nintendo during his time there but the fact remains they showed me nothing for 5 years and got by purely on the strength of the 3rd party games they moneyhatted.

Your hate for sony makes no sense.

Nintendo would have taken sega off as a hardware company at some point anyway, and if they didnt Microsoft certainly would have if sony would have stood out.

Therefore you make no sense at all so in conclusion what the hell?

RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

I wish everyone would stop repeating that ad nausea, sure they may be facts but using them as excuses in Sony's defence is unwarranted as it was something they had control over - besides 1 year head start doesn't translate into Sony will last a year longer and then recoup those sales in the extra year and the price will always be dearer...get used to sounding like a broken record.

RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

I'm not speaking for myself as I don't really think this and don't want the PS3 to die a miserable death, but I can probably say this for a lot of people.

Maybe people wanted it to die a miserable death is a little over exagerated (or maybe not), but maybe they want this because of Sony's attitude and arrogance due to their mega high sales.  And you can't deny it: Sony has been very arrogant. 

Anyways, personally I don't want to see the PS3 turn out like the Saturn did.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Nobody is claiming their 1st party was on par with Nintendo.

Still, they had some decent PS1 titles.

GT 1 and 2.

Crash 1, 2 and 3, Crash Team Racing,

The Spyro titles.

What did Sega have on the Saturn?

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

Can't really think of anything else.

And for Katuriagi stealing from Nintendo - if they stole from Nintendo, they can't have just copied. After all, they ended up with superior hardware.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:

Nobody is claiming their 1st party was on par with Nintendo.

Still, they had some decent PS1 titles.

GT 1 and 2.

Crash 1, 2 and 3, Crash Team Racing,

The Spyro titles.

What did Sega have on the Saturn?

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

Can't really think of anything else.

And for Katuriagi stealing from Nintendo - if they stole from Nintendo, they can't have just copied. After all, they ended up with superior hardware.

Agreed 100% Oy, truth be told i've forgotton half the amount you just mentioned, all were pretty good games really.

+2 buddy. :)

Sony still has an good chance of #2 this generation. What hurt them is that there was no price cut at all. A $10 price cut would have at least shifted a few more consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:

Your hate for sony makes no sense.

Nintendo would have taken sega off as a hardware company at some point anyway, and if they didnt Microsoft certainly would have if sony would have stood out.

Therefore you make no sense at all so in conclusion what the hell?

Thats funny, i know that the SNES beat the Megadrive but Sega were more than holding their own back then, what was Nintendos next machine after the SNES? yup, the N64, for me personally if sony had not gatecrashed the party theres a very strong chance the Sega saturn would have more than held its own against the N64,  Nintendo and Sega both got beat up badly by Sony, yes, the ps1 beat the Saturn and N64 hands down due to Sony coming in all guns blazing and with money to burn........

I have explained this many times....... Microsoft may be doing what sony did back in 1994 but for me it was sony that turned this market in to the dog eat dog world it has become, therefore thats why i don't care anymore who wins...... As long as its not sony.

And maybe your right, maybe Nintendo would have taken Sega out at some stage, but at least they would have won "Fair and square" not with big fat wallets and cheques.

Fumanchu said:
RPG said:

I wish everyone would stop repeating that ad nausea, sure they may be facts but using them as excuses in Sony's defence is unwarranted as it was something they had control over - besides 1 year head start doesn't translate into Sony will last a year longer and then recoup those sales in the extra year and the price will always be dearer...get used to sounding like a broken record.

But you admit that is a fact, who care if PS3 does not last a year more, it means it got the sales it did after being released a year later. This is the only time I have said such a thing so if that makes me a broken record to you, learn what is meant by that saying. ;)