By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

DMeisterJ said:
StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:
w00t.

@ Vanadium

If you don't want to sound like a troll, then don't troll.

How is telling the truth trolling?... I'm a Nintendo fan but I can asure you that Nintendo totally and utterly failed the last two generations! Start admitting that Sony hasn't been able to do what it was planning to do!... I own and love my PS3 but it's not nearly performing as well las it's predecessors, and that's what Vanadium is pointing out! You are still in denial!

I know that this may fall on deaf ears for someone who has "maniac" in his name, but chillax.

Vanadium openly admitted that he sounded like a troll in his post.  And if it sounds like a troll then it is a troll.  I have no problem admitting the PS3 isn't performing well.  I don't see the reason you felt the need to bring that up to me...  >_>

No, that's not what I meant. What I was trying to say was I don't want anyone to be offended by what I said, because if all I wrote was "Oh how the mighty have falled" I would've got some 100 flaming replies back.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony had it "easy" when they were stealing segas thunder due to their deep pockets........... well sony lovers, time for a reality check...... Microsofts pockets are even deeper....... Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?

Now THAT was uncalled for. regardless if its true or not.

Sony coming in to the gaming world was uncalled for......... At least Sega and Nintendo had their own Development teams from day one and didn't rely on the likes of Namco and Konami to make them a success.

Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony had it "easy" when they were stealing segas thunder due to their deep pockets........... well sony lovers, time for a reality check...... Microsofts pockets are even deeper....... Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?

Sony coming in to the gaming world was uncalled for......... At least Sega and Nintendo had their own Development teams from day one and didn't rely on the likes of Namco and Konami to make them a success.

Truth be told thats true, but in the end Sony has given us some very solid titles over the years, and im not talking about 3rd partys first partys such as Uncharted & Killzone as well as the Level 5 games.

So looking at it in a positive matter it did gaming good, more to the less.

DMeisterJ said:
StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:
w00t.

@ Vanadium

How is telling the truth trolling?... I'm a Nintendo fan but I can asure you that Nintendo totally and utterly failed the last two generations! Start admitting that Sony hasn't been able to do what it was planning to do!... I own and love my PS3 but it's not nearly performing as well las it's predecessors, and that's what Vanadium is pointing out! You are still in denial!

I know that this may fall on deaf ears for someone who has "maniac" in his name, but chillax.

Vanadium openly admitted that he sounded like a troll in his post.  And if it sounds like a troll then it is a troll.  I have no problem admitting the PS3 isn't performing well.  I don't see the reason you felt the need to bring that up to me...  >_>

No, he meant that to some it might sound like he was trolling. To himself, it didn't.

Some may think that I hate the Ps3, as I several times state facts that aren't good for the Ps3. Even when I have posted posts that have no other contents than facts, and I drew no conclusions from them, that I was a Xbot who was trolling the Ps3 (it works the other way around too, I've been called a Sony fanboy too, trolling the Wii, but that had some better reasoning). To some people it sounded like I was trolling the Ps3, whereas really I wasn't.

Did that clear up what he meant?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

The PS3 had made such a great start as well....slamming the 360 until just a couple of months ago

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
DMeisterJ said:
StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:
w00t.

@ Vanadium

No, he meant that to some it might sound like he was trolling. To himself, it didn't.

Some may think that I hate the Ps3, as I several times state facts that aren't good for the Ps3. Even when I have posted posts that have no other contents than facts, and I drew no conclusions from them, that I was a Xbot who was trolling the Ps3 (it works the other way around too, I've been called a Sony fanboy too, trolling the Wii, but that had some better reasoning). To some people it sounded like I was trolling the Ps3, whereas really I wasn't.

Did that clear up what he meant?

~Yep, pretty much. + I didn't want to annoy anyone. Y'know how annoying it is when someone bashes your favourite console *weeps for Sega Saturn*.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:

That's a bit unfair. You can't expect a newly joining company to make as many or as good games as the two companies that have been doing it for a decade. Sony actually started making good games very fast.

What Sony did with the PS(1) was that they made the best hardware. They chose the right disc. That's the reason they won. It was simpler than the competition, and far easier to develop for.

The Ps2 wasn't really that much to brag about for Sony HW wise, but they were godly software wise there - maybe as good as Nintendo (and this is from a general perspective, not really my opinion).

Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:

That's a bit unfair. You can't expect a newly joining company to make as many or as good games as the two companies that have been doing it for a decade. Sony actually started making good games very fast.

What Sony did with the PS(1) was that they made the best hardware. They chose the right disc. That's the reason they won. It was simpler than the competition, and far easier to develop for.

The Ps2 wasn't really that much to brag about for Sony HW wise, but they were godly software wise there - maybe as good as Nintendo (and this is from a general perspective, not really my opinion).

What good games did sony make as a 1st party developer in the beginning? as i recall their 1st ever good game was gran turismo in 1999, 5 years after they came in to the gaming world, Sega and Nintendo were churning out LEGENDARY games from day 1, not after 5 years.

Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:

What good games did sony make as a 1st party developer in the beginning? as i recall their 1st ever good game was gran turismo in 1999, 5 years after they came in to the gaming world, Sega and Nintendo were churning out LEGENDARY games from day 1, not after 5 years.

Sony knew that they couldn't start a fight with Nintendo with 1st party. They would get crushed.

As for good 1st party games, I believe the first they published was Crash Bandicoot, which released September 96. At that time, N64 just released, and it had SM64.

If you go up to start of 1998, Sony had CB 1&2 and GT. Nothing compared to Nintendo, but still decent.

Sony won with the Ps1 because of their hardware. Their hardware made 3rd party develop for them, and thus they got as good software (if not better) than the N64.

With the Ps2, they had gotten their SW stuff together and released a lot of great games. This time, they won because they released early and they also had an advantage due the 5th gen.

Still, you have a point in that despite Sony having a great 1st party line-up, they didn't sell the Ps2 on that (which Nintendo pretty much always has).